fuel cut?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
you'll still hit fuel cut unless you still get something like an fcd but with the supporting mods it will raise your fuel cut. it's not measured by psi but by the volume of air coming in.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
BryanDyer;1931385 said:
you'll still hit fuel cut unless you still get something like an fcd but with the supporting mods it will raise your fuel cut. it's not measured by psi but by the volume of air coming in.

Wow.... Anyway, 5 bucks says its a boost leak.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
OfnaRcR4;1931388 said:
Wow.... Anyway, 5 bucks says its a boost leak.

I dont have a boost leak. I've been thru the whole top end of the engine and a brand new fmic with hardpipes. My car hasn't been started yet since the rebuild. I pressure tested my intercooler setup to make sure I wouldn't.

Bryan, do you think ill b able to reach my goal of 18psi with those mods? I have the walbro 255 fp as well with the lex mod.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
AFPR and make sure your fuel pressure stays up and you should be able to push 16lbs without fuel-cut. you might need to go SAFCII when you start getting close to twenty, this is about 400$

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
you'll need to get a wideband to watch I suggest what hvyman said it's make things a whole lot easier and then go from their
becuase you'll either run rich or run lean without a tune or a wide band to watch your a/f ratio but if you just get a tuning device and take it to a shop to get tuned you won't need a wideband becuase ships usually have their own they use to tune with

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
OfnaRcR4;1931434 said:
I boosted 18 sustained on mine.. Even when I had no tune.

yeah but stock turbos don;t pull hard after 5500 rpm, even if the ct26 pulls hard to 6k it's gunna start leveling off, this is when AFPR and wideband o2 sensor is a good idea to monitor, it's also an easy 500$+ combo.. the other route is an SAFCII and get someone to tune into a safe range for you. I wouldn't run over 16 on my 440's(1jz) personally even though I know with cams and my aftermarket ecu I can push 18 without fuelcut, but I'd be worried about it going lean somewhere close to the 7k rpm mark.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I have a wideband on the way, its a good thing to have (with a tune or without). I think ultimately ill need to get a piggyback and tune it, but for now ill just figure it all out using the wideband setup. Thanks everyone for their input. Definitely cleared it all up for me

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
BryanDyer;1931437 said:
I would recomend a tune anyways to not run to lean so you don't risk having a piston melt or something

Yeah, I wanna enjoy my 7m... Not end up like some of the people who think they are unreliable. Lol mind ran and got me back and forth to work (only vehicle at the time) blown up, with a spanked turbo LOL

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Supraguy7M;1931443 said:
I have a wideband on the way, its a good thing to have (with a tune or without). I think ultimately ill need to get a piggyback and tune it, but for now ill just figure it all out using the wideband setup. Thanks everyone for their input. Definitely cleared it all up for me

mise well get an air fuel pressure regulator to go with it then and have your fuel pressure where you need it to be. I know the lexus AFM can give you some piece of mind but it doesn't hurt to know all the information you need.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Beals;1931445 said:
I know the lexus AFM can give you some piece of mind but it doesn't hurt to know all the information you need.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Gather all the info I can, so when I turn the key for the first time again I have no issues, and know the limits of what I have right now