Front Bumper

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
I'm obviously a fan of the stock bumper with genuine A-duct and lip . . .

p1120144_1.jpg

p1120144_2.jpg

p1120144_3.jpg

p1120144_4.jpg

And yes the Ab Flug rears are not molded in. This is temporary until the budget allows a complete repaint.

Without sides and rears, still think it looked good then . . .

p1120144_5.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Rennat;1120010 said:
im personally sick of those turbo a ducts that arent flushed molded... or at least smoothed into the bumper. i think they look like total shit when done like that. makes it look like the ab flug rears that are just taped/bolted on... just cheap to me i guess...

gracer front is very nice, but i like a stock bumper too...

Turbo-A ducts when installed and used properly serve a function (this is why they where put on the Turbo-A's in the first place)

Also, the ab-flug rears follow a natural bodyline and don't really need to be molded in, now the bomex rears...

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Poodles;1120267 said:
Turbo-A ducts when installed and used properly serve a function (this is why they where put on the Turbo-A's in the first place)

I am amazed at how many people put a duct of some sort in their bumper but don't modify the bumper support. If you are smart like me, you will remove the section of the bumper support that is directly behind the duct and then box it in so as to replace the strength that was cut out and to keep the air flowing smoothly. Otherwise the air flowing through the duct will hit the bumper support, rendering the duct useless. For example, this is the view through my duct.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
quick question, say you have a stock turbo bumper on a 90, could you possibly convert it to turbo A? or would it just be easier to get a turbo A bumper?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
OEM 89+ bumper, with replica (to save $500) a-duct, and lip. Ok it's mine but I made it the way I wanted it ;)

Other photo is to give you a top look at it.
Sorry can't get to photobucket at work :(

Attachments

• supra1.jpg
    supra1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 41
  • supra3.jpg
    supra3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 29

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Supra-K;1120354 said:
quick question, say you have a stock turbo bumper on a 90, could you possibly convert it to turbo A? or would it just be easier to get a turbo A bumper?

I'm guessing it'd be easier sourcing out a duct rather than a whole bumper.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Since there were only 500 Turbo-A's made, it'd be extremely hard to get the whole bumper. Even finding an original Turbo-A duct is very hard, but possible. All it takes is plenty of time and some money. Then there's the option I took, and that is to get a Turbo-A duct version. My duct is made of fiberglass and has smoother lines than the original Turbo-A duct, but IMHO it looks better.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
^ It's just the fact that the mouth of the bumper is open and free of the grills like the Gracer. A reason why I find Nick's "2JZUL8R" appealing.

Well for me anyway.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I don't like it. It looks way to flimsy, and to much is "open". Maybe some mesh might help it, but then again it would be to much rice.
No go, on cutting out license plate area and lower grill.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
on a stock urethane bumper,i would rather have the oem duct.trying to source one is a "right place at the right time" type of thing.i would also never mount an oem one in a gracer bumper.the gracer bumper is fiberglass and the oem duct is urethane,which isn't great for moulding.beside's the fact you would wreck a rare piece.