Fresh out of the paint booth Updated! 10Feb2008

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
I just got my car back from the body shop, where I had a little "freshening" done to it. I had the header panel and front bumper painted, as well as both sides from the belt moulding down to the bottom. The rear bumper and 1/4 panels, as well as upper doors and b-pillars and roof were painted last spring. The only original paint on the car now is the rear hatch below the spoiler and the hood/headlamps and the front fenders above the moulding.

I just got this new MacBook for Christmas, so lets see if I can figure out how to resize and post pics...

Attachments

• 100_0719.jpg
    100_0719.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 190
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 149
  • HKS TEMS.jpg
    HKS TEMS.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 142
  • rear 1:4.jpg
    rear 1:4.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 120
  • rear 1:4 2.jpg
    rear 1:4 2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
Now for some Specs, if I can remember them all. I haven't really been in the Supra game for a few years now, the car has just sat in the Garage and gone for Sunday drives.

HKS TEMS Controller
ST Springs/Swaybars
Tokico Illumina II's
Koenig wheels, 17x9 rear, 17x8 front
Nitto NT555's
Greddy 1.2mm MHG
ARP studs
RC 550cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
Aeromotive Adj. FPR
Lex AFM
Apexi S-AFC
Apexi AVC-R
Apexi Turbo timer
Modded CT-26 (54 trim, IIRC)
HKS Downpipe
HKS Sport cat-back
RT High Flow Cat
Reground cams
Suprasport Intercooler
ACT Clutch
Custom Marlin Crawler 1st gear thrust washer
Marlin Crawler HD Bearing retainer plate

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember it all...

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
steven89 said:
Looks nice!! How much did that cost ya? =p

It was a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" sort of deal...:naughty:

The painter and I swapped services- I work as a Toyota Master Tech, so I overhauled the engine in his old 3.0 4Runner and he painted the car...

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
Let me work on some interior shots. It's burgandy leather, in mostly MINT condition. A little wear on the steering wheel and drivers seat outer bolster is all. The car has been garaged almost all of it's life, and only has like 120k Miles on it...

That front lip is brand new, as are the b-pillar vents and the raingutter trim. I tried like hell to find new side mouldings for the door, but they're long discontinued. I *might* look into buying some 91-92 moulding and taillights, but even at my cost it's rediculously expensive...

Thanks for all the positive comments!
Ryan

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
Its factory Pearl White. I was toying with leaving the lower grille out and trimming the tabs off of the bumper cover, but decided to keep the "stock" sleeper look. Most folks don't look twice at my car, since it looks mostly stock. The wheels are the only obvious change. I picked the HKS Sport exhaust specifically because it looks like stock twin-tip setup and is quiet. It's fun to run with a new 'Vette or Mustang and surprise them with my stock-looking old Supra...

Ryan

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
MK3.0dudeman said:
looks sexy you should post pics of your car in my bumper thread in my sig.also why didn't you just paint the whole car?

Check your thread...

I should have just painted the whole thing, but I only had favors that covered bits and pieces at a time. It's close now though. I may try to have the headlamp covers painted, they're showing a chip or two in their old age.

Ryan

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
Interior shots...excuse the dust! And my filthy garage...

Attachments

• interior1.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • interior3.jpg
    interior3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • interior4.jpg
    interior4.jpg