First time riding a bike!!! they are so awesome

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i have never driven a motorcycle before, and i had a blast. i didn't stall it too going from a stop. shifting is very easy. when it came time for me to turn though i got a little scared. like i said, my first time. so i just kept going straight and i finally got the nerve to turn around in a circle drive.

i love it, i want to get a bike so bad.

this is my buddies bike he got today. it's very nice and easy to drive.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

this is my buddy
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

this is me, trying to figure out how to get it in neutral, lol
sm_photo_missing.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
mkiiSupraMan18;1022141 said:
first time riding... and in shorts...

lol

Glad to see it went well for you. And your buddy sounds pretty trusting of you.

well, i didn't leave the neighborhood. i stayed in first, second gear. it's his first time riding too, he had a dirt bike before but he couldn't drive it very well.

i did better than him, he was so nervous, kept stalling trying to get going. he's too scared to shift into second, lol

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
last time i rode my bike,i was in shorts,tank top,vans and sunglasses.
blow-out on the front tire took care of that. i recieved a separated shoulder and road rash up and down my body.i was so VERY lucky i didd'nt die.
motorcycles are the greatest form of freedom i know,but even the most experienced rider can be taken out,(sure as hell was'nt me)
just be safe!

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
I've always wanted a bike after I rode my friend's crotch-rocket, but I don't trust myself (or other people on the road) enough to get one.

that bike looks pretty cool tho!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Very nice :)

I've shown an interest in bikes lately, and would like to learn but am easily freaked out. My BF has been urging me to ride his bike lately, but I always find excuses. He has a 1997 Harley Sportster 1200C, which I love, but feels too big for me (I am 5'4"). Would be cool to say I learned how to ride bikes on a Harley tho :)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Aww, poor baby :)

I'd own a Harley over any rice rocket, sorry. I grew up on a Harley, my step dad used to ride me around on the gas tank when I was 3 or so. Been around them all my life, love the sound. Harley to the bike world is like the domestic muscle cars of the auto world, sure they're not the fastest, they're loud and fall apart, but they're an "icon" and always will be.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, just think if you saw 808238 of them a day or better yet, heard 238023808 of them a day... it gets old :). I'd rather have a Harley too because at least people can hear them coming from 8 miles away.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I had a orange and white T100 like that two ish years ago. If you pull the seat, the initials of the pinstriper should be right by the rear tank bolt.
The Bonnie was basically my first bike. It's the perfect starter bike.
Get lots of gear, learn to use your front brake, and be safe.

Edit- I just noticed the pipes( I had D&D's that looked just like that, great for disturbing the peace.)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I road a Harley around the block once...

heritage Soft-tail of unknown year, but brand new-ish at the time, probably 2006 or so...

The most un natural feeling bike I've ever ridden. Feet out in front of me, reaching up for the handle bars, and... those are really the only things. leaning into a corner felt odd because of the two of those.

I'll keep my feet behind me and my hands below me. :icon_bigg

Worste case, maybe best case.... I'll get a Goldwing or the new Vision.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
That a beautiful old Triumph and Im suprised he'd let a novice ride it, even around the block. He must trust you, or you have good insurance or both, lol.

Ive been thinking about getting a bike again myself. I had a pretty gnarly wreck on one years ago but still enjoy riding. I would never own a Harley, its just not my style. Unless maybe it was a nice full dress Electra-glide. There really is nothing like the feeling of a good bike on a clean smooth twisty road.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
theWeezL;1022277 said:
That a beautiful old Triumph and Im suprised he'd let a novice ride it, even around the block. He must trust you, or you have good insurance or both, lol.

well, like i said, we're both in the same boat, i actually can drive it better than him. he's stll scared to shift into second. but i can drive manual cars, he can't , so shifting is new to him.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Harley Davidson's engine technology was considered high-tech in 1940, and they haven't changed much since... Harley did try to update it with the V-Rod and it flunked completely. For the price of a Harley you could buy a car and a motorcycle that has some engineering behind it.

They're real pretty though.