Finally fixed all my problems!!! No more issues

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He might be trolling, but I"ll bet we've all though about selling our supras at one point or another. I threaten to sell mine all the time..............then I drive it and I'm like, fuck that!

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
suprahero;2035782 said:
He might be trolling, but I"ll bet we've all though about selling our supras at one point or another. I threaten to sell mine all the time..............then I drive it and I'm like, fuck that!

+1

If he did sell it, how long before he regrets it and gets into another one. I'm on my second MKIII and I know others out there have had multiple ones over the years, too.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
suprajim54;2035814 said:
+1

If he did sell it, how long before he regrets it and gets into another one. I'm on my second MKIII and I know others out there have had multiple ones over the years, too.
I had 3 at once. Amazing cars, but sometimes you have to move on.

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
was thinking about selling the supra for a reliable dd (2004-6ish corolla/civic/ect) but I still want to make bad decisions

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
if you don't have the skill / dedication I suppose you only have 1 option! but I can tell you from experience driving a car you built feels a hell of alot better than a car that you bought.

Old Radar

Oct 20, 2014
San Antonio
suprahero;2035782 said:

I don't know Hero. I can say after 26 years, I have never contemplated selling mine--even though it sometimes takes more than a new-car payment to keep it running well. I have, once or twice, considered what car would be a worthy replacement if some clown T-boned me but I've never found a contender--neither inside nor outside my price range. Well, maybe one or two WELL outside my price range... I think I'll be driving this machine until I can't get parts to keep it running, I can't climb out of it without someone's help or they take my license away.

Oh, or if that clown finds me...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
scottiedawg66;2035931 said:
if you don't have the skill / dedication I suppose you only have 1 option! but I can tell you from experience driving a car you built feels a hell of alot better than a car that you bought.

Really? because I don't agree. I enjoy my car starting every morning and actually washing my car on weekends instead of fixing that other thing that broke. Old cars are just that. Old. Finding an unmolested supra or classic is nice but there are a lot of people who have this unrealistic dream of fixing up some pos they found on craigslist. I needed a car that would take me to work and back every day. I grew up. I didn't care about being "fast" anymore or "hp"..... I'm happy with my new ride....

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Also to those wondering what the mystery car I drive now is, let me say this first. It was hard parting with my supra. I spent years investing money and time into it. I literally fell asleep underneath my car several times just from exhaustion of working on the car for hours and trying to figure out certain problems. It was my baby. My old, stinky, loud, tired baby. It was attractive to a certain group and ugly to most. I loved it. But I couldn't beat time. It was too old and too far gone. I couldn't afford it anymore. My situation drastically changed financially from one day to the other and I needed something reliable and newer. My next car had to be something special. Something that was not too far off my mk3. Something sporty and stick. Spent a whole night trying to figure out what could replace my supra. Nothing ever interested me enough to even consider selling my supra. Neither could I afford it. A week later I drove off the lot in a brand new FR-S..... I love it and have not looked back yet and neither do I want to go back at the moment. I do miss certain aspects of the Supra but my car makes those memories go away fairly quick. Maybe one day if I find an mk3 that is worth buying I may come back but for now I am loving my FR-S....

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Sside;2036216 said:
Really? because I don't agree. I enjoy my car starting every morning and actually washing my car on weekends instead of fixing that other thing that broke. Old cars are just that. Old. Finding an unmolested supra or classic is nice but there are a lot of people who have this unrealistic dream of fixing up some pos they found on craigslist. I needed a car that would take me to work and back every day. I grew up. I didn't care about being "fast" anymore or "hp"..... I'm happy with my new ride....

I had to give you a hard time for fooling me. I could never live with my mk3 as my only car, so i cant blame you for moving on if you had no choice.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
LOL..... I really didn't have a choice, well I did I just never took initiative. Not doing anything to the FR-S..... I hope that I can keep the car as mint and clean as possible. Hopefully In the future people will see what a stock one looks like. This is my chance to own "that" car from the start.