FFIM Molds?

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
turbo87targa;1157160 said:
wow looks awesome.

is there some kind of group buy here in the future?

i would definitely partake if so.

I haven't planned on making them for personal production really... Once the design and prototype is type tested (E.g, one of you) and no serious mold modification is needed, I'll send final drawings to China to have the real molds made.

After that, I'll probably just sell them.

(Still far from that stage... I need to re-design almost all the manifolds with better draft analysis so they'll come apart easier.)

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
BlackDevilSupra;1157225 said:
Plans for long runner version? Ditching the A/C is one of those incomprehensible, ideas amongst other things..

Yeah.
All I'd have to do is lengthen these runners and add a sweep to the model ar about 45 degrees.

I'll model one up next week or so.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
MK3Brent;1157184 said:
I haven't planned on making them for personal production really... Once the design and prototype is type tested (E.g, one of you) and no serious mold modification is needed, I'll send final drawings to China to have the real molds made.

After that, I'll probably just sell them.

(Still far from that stage... I need to re-design almost all the manifolds with better draft analysis so they'll come apart easier.)

china? I aughta kick you in the teeth!! If I had known you were gonna send it to china i would have never given out the dxf!!!!!
just kiddin, but china can kiss my ass...

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
lol, there's a mold shop just down the road from where i work. They used to do a lot of work for ford and racor/parker hannafin. But I guess a lot of that work went to mexico from what I understand. In the past I've designed and built 2nd op fixturing for them. and I've asked them about using one of the mould beds for one of my projects, and they said they had a couple that could be torn down and reused. soooo..... Plus i have full access to a good sized machine shop on the weekends.