Ferrari-style tail lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
I would never do that kind of stuff to a supra (lams) but at the very least, the guy certainly is not a trend follower or a trend setter for that matter. NEWS FLASH..... Lams spotted in Home depot parking lot with cash in hand..... Stock up .78 cents.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
There's nothing wrong with wanting to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Sure our cars ave some sweet curves, but the curves outline a rather angular base form. I can't imagine circular tails ever looking "right" on a MKIII... The older semi-rounded square tails from an 80's vette would be a major leap in the right direction... not my thing, but definitely a closer fit.

As for Lam, I've got to give the guy credit. He didn't want to be lost in a crowd (yeah, like there are THAT many of us) or MKIII owners and he did something about it (that made the Home Depot share holders VERY happy). The two biggest downfalls Lam had were the thinking that a body kit is easily mad and execution (his high school shop teacher shot himself, did you guys ever hear about that? :evil2: ).

At any rate, as has been stated, there are very few bolt on parts for our cars as far as the rear and the taillights are concerned. If you want something different you're going to need to build it yourself or pay someone else to build it. I usually look forward to seeing custom body work done on our cars... I may not like it, but it keeps me thinking about other possibilities and variations.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
MassSupra89 said:
Lamarossa comes nowhere near my definition of "clean"
That car is cluttered with ugly, unnecessary pieces that mostly look slapped on.(hood vents, brake vents, FENDER vents?) Not one square foot is tasteful.
not to mention he installed the naca ducts backwards. ::hah::

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
CRE said:
As for Lam, I've got to give the guy credit. He didn't want to be lost in a crowd (yeah, like there are THAT many of us) or MKIII owners and he did something about it (that made the Home Depot share holders VERY happy).

Listen, I don't like being lost in a crowd either. But I haven't had a penis grafted to my forehead. And I didn't wake up one morning and use a cheese grater to shave instead of a razor. I haven't come out here on the forum and claimed to be the King of Egypt.

I'm not going to give anyone "credit" for doing those things and I'm not going to give Lam any either. His car is the one people point at when they want to make fun of MKIII's. He's the riceboy of Supras. He's a poser. It's fucking lame. The car is done badly, it's ugly as fucking sin.

Do any of you seriously LIKE what he's done to that car? At all? Would you want it as your daily driver? If not, stop making excuses for him. The car is fucking lame...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
SC, I hate to say it, but there ARE people out there that like Lam's ride. Am I one of them? Hell no, not my cup of tea by any means. Only posting this due to the 'stop making excuses for him.'

You might not like the guy, and that's understandable - but no need to be so harsh, imho. It'd be pretty damn boring if every MKIII looked the same :)

As for fender vents - they work. Look up the 70's Trans Ams. I had a '77 T/A as my first car, blew a valve gasket (waaay too much blowby + clogged PCV) and dumped some oil on the exhaust manifolds. Anyone that's seen motor oil burn, knows EXACTLY how much smoke it produces.

I was doing 75 down I75 (had just got the car) and I tell you what - smoke poured out the side fender vents, and nothing anywhere else. Our MKIIIs aren't bottom feeders - fender vents would go a good ways toward getting rid of the high pressure zone under the hood at high speeds.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Doward said:
SC, I hate to say it, but there ARE people out there that like Lam's ride. Am I one of them? Hell no, not my cup of tea by any means. Only posting this due to the 'stop making excuses for him.'

Again, stop making excuses. I'd like to hear from someone who actually likes the car. People keep saying "some people like it, not me, but some people".

I want to hear from a "some people"... :)

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
SC, you must ask yourself, if this car didn't exist, then which car would be next to be targeted as "ricer". If all of ours look alike then people will call our cars plain. There has to be a balance of these 2 IMO.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
the silver one with the rounds lights dont look that bad.
Different + clean = Me like

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
CryoSlash said:
SC, you must ask yourself, if this car didn't exist, then which car would be next to be targeted as "ricer". If all of ours look alike then people will call our cars plain. There has to be a balance of these 2 IMO.

Sigh... Why does there have to be a shitty car? Hm?

Examples:

My car plain but clean:

07-08-06_2343.jpg

Trents car, same color, heavily modded, but done well. This is nothing like the aborted fetus that Lam's car is:

MVC-832S.jpg

Same color, same car, they don't look the same and neither are rice.

Move on to the MKIV. Here's another one of my cars, again plain but clean:

newtint.jpg

My friend Arthurs car - heavily modded, but well done:

mkiv.jpg

See, they don't look the same and none of them look like shit...

I don't hate Lam's car because it's different, I hate it because it's an embarrassment to Supra's everywhere. The car is an abortion.

And I know the difference between taste and quality. For example, we've got a female member with a "Mary Kay" pink MKIII on this forum. I HATE pink cars. But the car is beautifully done. The quality and craftsmanship of the work are flawless. I don't like that car's color, it's of questionable taste to me, but I respect the work that went into it. Repainted black, I'd be proud to drive it.

You could plate Lam's car in gold and I'd still call it a turd.

Capice?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Clip said:
poor lamarossa. he does excellent work, it's a shame that people shun it though. im a fan of it as long as it's clean, and his is squeaky.

you must be joking. that car is super hacked together.

and that guy is just a serious asshole anyway.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The car is ugly. Nothing about it looks good or tasteful. The guy was an asshat, asshole, assclown, etc. He talked more shit about 'normal' cars than we ever did about his. If he still posted here, he would probably try to make most of us feel inferior because his car is "different" and "stands out."

Why people defend him, I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.