farewell to "the brown car"....

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yup, it's done. what's left gets loaded up tomorrow AM....not sure what the next guy is going to do with it, but it will probably just head to the scrapyard. here's a final walkaround....kinda a sad state for such a formerly great car...

http://www.4cefed.com/videos/MVI_0574.AVI

yes, it's a huge vid, no i won't resize. yes it was shot w/a digicam, yes i know it's weak. ;) the music was playing the background, hence the wacky sound...

NOTE: it's now 0100 EST....should finish uploading by 0200 EST.....

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I too own a "brown car" and have been a quiet fan of your brown car. In fact I can definitely say that your car has been a source of inspiration for me over the years. I feel really sad hearing it's going to that dragstrip in the sky.

Forgive me if I missed previous posts but, what prompted you to end "project brown"?

I hope you haven't given up on MKIII's as I have learned alot from your articles and posts throughout the years.

Either way, I just wanted to thank you for all the great advice, tips and information (not to mention inspiration) that you have provided for so many, for so long.

Drjonez...YOU ARE THE MAN!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
suprabad said:
I too own a "brown car" and have been a quiet fan of your brown car. In fact I can definitely say that your car has been a source of inspiration for me over the years. I feel really sad hearing it's going to that dragstrip in the sky.

Forgive me if I missed previous posts but, what prompted you to end "project brown"?

I hope you haven't given up on MKIII's as I have learned alot from your articles and posts throughout the years.

Either way, I just wanted to thank you for all the great advice, tips and information (not to mention inspiration) that you have provided for so many, for so long.

Drjonez...YOU ARE THE MAN!

thanks for the kind words man.

nope, i haven't given up on the MKIII....though i probably should. the reality is that i have far too much $$ tied up in one off and rare parts....$$ i'll never see back if i tried to sell. that and the MKIII is a pretty fantastic package in my book. i do have a "new" MKIII....a black/grey '87 hardtop.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
DRJONZE is here to stay for sure.;)

Whats good Adam.....

BTW I found forcefed and old school supra years ago before findinf SM or SF. The good doc talked of NAT swaps and he was lighting up the tarmac as I read through the info. Then I found SF and I got boat loads of Tech help on the things that I wasnt versed on. Man I hope you stay here as long as I am around for sure! It reminds me of Larrry A sending off Old School. You would definitely be on my to meet list drjonze. I feel you are a true diamond in the community, and you are always a benefit to those in need orthose who choose to listen.;)

Anthony

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
QWIKSTRIKE said:
DRJONZE is here to stay for sure.;)

Whats good Adam.....

BTW I found forcefed and old school supra years ago before findinf SM or SF. The good doc talked of NAT swaps and he was lighting up the tarmac as I read through the info. Then I found SF and I got boat loads of Tech help on the things that I wasnt versed on. Man I hope you stay here as long as I am around for sure! It reminds me of Larrry A sending off Old School. You would definitely be on my to meet list drjonze. I feel you are a true diamond in the community, and you are always a benefit to those in need orthose who choose to listen.;)

Anthony

I agree 110%, i found SF then found ForceFed. I went threw almost all threads looking for information printing it out reading it going over it like if it was homework. good buy brown car :) it was a pleasure watching ur videos and viewing your pictures.

P.S. vid is 118 MB large, i'm on a cable connection downloaded it at 1.25 MB/sec so it take no more then 2 to 4 minutes for those who want to DL it. 56k take a vacation

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
I also agree. I found ForceFed when I was about 17 and first bought my '87NA. I remember asking him some questions I now look back upon and laugh at them. Adams always been there when you need him. Sad to see the "brown car" go though....

Mo

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'm sure the good doctor remembers me as a n00b. ;) i was searching for cars to buy on ebay and happened to come across an 86.5 N/A.

i went into google and started researching about them, and the first site i clicked on was 4cefed.com. i marveled at what this "drjonez" guy had done to his car, and decided then and there to buy that $820 scrap of metal off the internet.

i spoke with drjonez through email several times, and every time he was more than helpful in his replies. slowly, i used advice from his site to build my car into what it will be when it emerges from the garage this spring. (400+ rwhp, wingless pre '89 with some rare goodies hugging it's curves)

if i had a place to store that car, i'd have bought it in a heartbeat, but i just don't have the room for it. i figured this day would come with all the tire kickers but no buyers, but i had been truely hoping that someone would put the remains of a once amazing car to good use again.

farewell brown car. :sadwavey:

-shaeff

C

cnewingham

and now the supra community should all pause for a moment of silence.

That car has been an inspiration to so many of us through the years. lets all not forget that it was also the guinea pig for quite a few items we have available to us today.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
4cefed.com was probably THE FIRST site I discovered when I started thinking about buying a MK3...I loved the picture of the brown car doing a smokey burnout. :)

The Brown car may be lost, but it's not forgotten...i'm sure the dr. will create something just as good! ;)

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
4qzmrnk.jpg

RIP brown car :( thats the first ever pic i saw of dr j's car from then on his website has been in my favorites.