Facime's Mk2 build

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ForcedTorque;1190392 said:
Care to divulge what your efforts were worth?

I had a total of $2500 in hard money into Vivien when I sold her and was paid $5500 cash for her. Still probably a loss when I factor in the hours, but all in all it was top dollar for the car. Even so I wondered the whole time if I was doing the right thing as she was running flawlessly as a daily.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
gtsfirefighter;1190987 said:
I hope to see ya soon in the Other Cars section.

not on this forum Ken. Despite the few guys that I DO like here, there are hard feelings about too many others to come back here for more than a comment or two.

Looks like Im probably going to be a TT owner if everything works out, and its NOT a toyota.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Just an update in case anyone was curious.

I sold my mk2 for a good price and after finding nothing on the market that I liked I decided it was time to get a "grown-up" car for a while. I bought a loaded, low miles, '99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe. Its ok, nothing special, but its faster than my mk2, gets better hwy mileage, and is comfortable, quiet, and clean. Im still in the market for just the right "project car" and Im leaning toward going back to my roots in american muscle (bowties only - friends dont let friends drive Fords). I havent ruled out an RA chassis Celica though, with maybe a 3S or 1G swap.

I completed my course of study in veterinary tech but need to complete some clinic hours to be able to sit for the national board. For right now, Im looking for the right employment opportunity, a new place to live (PDX is looming large on my horizon), and any opportunity I can find to make a few bucks. My dream to live on a wolf rescue is still a possibility but unfortunately with the times as they are, that will have to wait until I have a little bankroll behind me.

So, Im keepin on keepin on and exploring a few projects for spring including a new run of targa braces for the mk3 and maybe one for the mk4 this year. Im always around and can be reached via email if anyone needs anything done, just check my profile page for contact info. Take care guys.

-Pete

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
To be honest my life has pretty much been "teh suck" since I screwed up and lost the love of my life. I miss her still though I try very hard to move forward.

Life in Corvallis (and all of Oregon for that matter) is what it is, you know. I cant really complain though, there are alot of people that have it alot worse than I do.