EZCarLift? Anybody have one of these?

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
I think its useless.

WHats the point of spending that much when u can get a proper jack for under 100 bucks.

If your spending over a grand, why not spend 2 and get a proper 2 post lift kit thinger.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I don't know if I'd even trust that..It says up to 4400lbs but they are just showing race cars on it that are sub-3000lb.

If I'm going to spend that much money on a lift it's going to be a real hydraulic/ electric lift..You know, the kind that lifts the car up high enough for you to just walk under the car..

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
sweetlikechutny;1297007 said:
WHats the point of spending that much when u can get a proper jack for under 100 bucks.

No proper jack will cost under $100. You're thinking of Chinese garbage. A proper jack IMO is something along the lines of an AC Hydraulic

sweetlikechutny;1297007 said:
If your spending over a grand, why not spend 2 and get a proper 2 post lift kit thinger.

I've already said that I refuse to install a real lift in a garage that I don't plan on staying in the rest of my life.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I was also going to say I wouldn't feel confident sliding under there from the pic of it.

I also do think you can get a proper jack for under $100 bucks. Or at least around there, it's not much of a difference. The one I used was about $100 CDN on sale. Looks for a sale, just because it's on sale, doesn't mean it's crap.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Unless your planning on moving very soon and or multiple times I would recommend just going with a two post. They bolt in with anchor bolts, moving them is as only much work as putting them up in the first place. Unbolt and drive the anchor bolts in flush and haul it away and your done.

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
92nsx;1297401 said:
I wonder how much one of these max jax sell for?

I think the last group buy for it was around $1500.

Thanks for all the input so far guys. It seems that on every car message board, people either love, think it's a waste of money, or think it's too expensive.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
You're better off finding a used two post lift for sale. I've seen them for sale in my area for around $1000. Every time one pops up, I miss it narrowly. :(

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
Mr. Sinister;1297040 said:
No proper jack will cost under $100. You're thinking of Chinese garbage. A proper jack IMO is something along the lines of an AC Hydraulic

I've already said that I refuse to install a real lift in a garage that I don't plan on staying in the rest of my life.

yes you can get a proper hydraulic jack for under 100 :). Just because its on sale doesn't mean its garbage.

Mr. Sinister

Aug 30, 2005
Chicago
IJ.;1297408 said:
Looks like there would be a lot of it in the way when working under the car :(

One of the cross sections can be removed after the lift is partially raised/lowered. I know it's not ideal and a real lift would be, but I've got space constraints to deal with too.

sweetlikechutny;1297443 said:
yes you can get a proper hydraulic jack for under 100 :). Just because its on sale doesn't mean its garbage.

Not from what I've gathered after doing *lots* of research.

Will a cheap jack last several years if you're using it once it a while? Sure. Will it last you a lifetime? No.
Can it be rebuilt when (yes when, not if) it starts leaking? No.

And just to put the jack thing to rest, I already bit the bullet and bought a great one a couple of years ago. It's a PITA when swapping wheels or doing anything else that needs more than one corner off the ground, so that's why I'm looking for alternatives. In the end, any type of lift is better than a jack.