Ever had a bad day working on the supra?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
man o man, bad day for working on the supra, ok so I just got my 1jz swap all done, (ill soon update my build thread once I can get a hold of a camera) the car is fantastic, boosts great, hauls ass you know the whole nine yards of having a 1j and enjoying it, but then I started to smell something, then I really started to smell something, then I starting getting dizzy, shit fuel leak, yea sucks, I open the hood and I didnt notice any leaks, well I go home for the night and wake up today to check it out, there was basically only one thing to check which was the fuel damper bypass, what do you know its leaking a bit and its pretty loose, so i think back to when the motor was first going into the car, the fitting for the hose kinda went in to the rail funky like it was almost cross threaded, but there wasnt much i can do except tighten it till the leak stoped, so I start tighting it and BAM! damn fitting breaks off in the rail without much torque applied, so Im pretty much in a firey ball of rage and throw wrenches every where, I come to fine out the rail was cross threaded before hand. so now my car is down till i can get my new rail and fitting installed, so while i wait for a buddy to bring the parts I decide to fix a few other things, and what do you know, after 7 months of not raining it rains, and I mean flash flood pooring making me not able to work on anything haha basically a bad day for working on the supra, thuoght id share and vent a little and was just curious if anyone feels my pain of disaster after disaster. lol

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Bad day? Working on a Supra? Never!!

OK maybe twice, or 4 or 5 times.

OK, 10 at most.

I am sticking to this story. For the most part. Maybe.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
jetjock;1076278 said:
Move to Trona. Better weather ;)
funny thing, its usally pretty nice here, a little hot at time but bearable, but the one day Im all excited to get my car running just right after only 1 day of driving it it rains, freaking mother nature and I might have to have some words in the backroom
Poodles;1076279 said:
Try repairing a HG and having the clutch fail....AGAIN

That seriously sucked...

oo that sucks dude, kinda had a simlilar situation, on my 7m I just did a pretty big tune up on it and the clutch went out, replaced it with a stage 2 kit and fidenza flywheel and bam rod knock all in a matter of 4 months, gotta love it :D

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
im always happy to work on my poopra. only as long as im not forced to work on it because of the clutch or some other thing wrong. the only thing i hate is always having that voice in the back of my head saying that something wrong WILL happen. ooo well

ed.d.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Poodles;1076383 said:
I have tons of parts laying around...but no will to work on the car anymore...

I dont blame you, given your current situation I think you should just pack it all up and give it away. I will be over tomorrow with a truck to "take it off your hands". I mean, its the least a friend can do right? :naughty:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
3 and 4 arent bad. Take off one side of the 3000 pipe and move it out of the way. You can even leave the throttle assembly alone.

As for me, I've been going through the worst year of my life, having some mental genetic disorder that I've had to drive to a doc about 3 hours away for that often stops me from getting anything done on the Supra.

My DD, a Miata, has been horribly unreliable..hell the caliper fell off going down the interstate, cut the wheel in half on the inside. I'm just fortunate the brand fuck new tire that was on it is still good and is going on the Supra. That was the forth time I had to tow it I think. In frustration, I'm fixing up the Supra and making it my DD again, as I've never had to have it towed and never had any problem with it that stopped me from getting to my destination.

I got my first gf which was nice, totally innocent, never had a drink, never had a bf, virgin etc. like me, and she dumps me 5 months later to suck a (smaller) dick of some guy she hates the day after. She IM'd me last night, not even 2 weeks later wondering if she could date this other guy, because despite how close we were (we went fast over 5 months) she was over me pretty quick.

That and I cant get any money, being a college sopho starting in August, and a white straight male at that (they dont make scholarships for my kind). So I'm in the process of taking out a pretty big loan and hopefully finishing the Supra before I get to school. All of these together is why I havent had any updates in like a month. I havent even finished my cluster and putting it back in yet.

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
after 6 months of my 1j swap, not a single thing going right, and im talking getting completely wrong engines, having to get lawyers involved, i am about 5 hours of work from being done.
my car gets broken into, every tool i own is stolen, and all the loose parts i have left are cleaned out...
i get over it, buy enough tools to finish the job.
same day, i am within inches of turning the key, and the car almost falls off the lift as only one side of it decends.
my car is ready to start, stuck on a broken lift, after 6 months of work.
and i get a flat tire loading it onto the tow truck once i finally get it down, a few days later.

but, for some reason, i still love working on the car.
i dont get it

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Man i remember this like it happened an hour ago.....I was peeling back the rubber gromet on the throttle assembly with a screw driver...(dont ask why) and that damn flat head slipped and went into my index finger! If there was ever a time that I thought about getting rid of the car, it was then.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
Last bad day I had I broke a couple thousand dollars in stuff at the drag strip..