Ever had a bad day working on the supra?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
suprabad;1099771 said:
Or one to few.

I'm shocked at some of the shit-boxes I see, even (especially) at the drags. Grown men who completely mickey mouse everything. Last year at Irwindale raceway I was checking out this nice looking '65 vette, and I look at the dash and it's a rat's nest of multi-colored wires. And this thing has like $15k worth of paint on it, as well as every trick piece of equipment you can buy. Unfortunately everything was hung together like one of Jerry's Kids put it together. I'd be ashamed to be seen with it. Lot's of money, no dedication to doing things right. I guess you can't buy integrity.

yea sorry about that forgot to add missing mind was going faster than my typing haha

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
my 3rd and 4th turbo swap. Kept getting delayed over and over due to it being a 1 off and when i put it on finially realized i was missing some parts! got said parts and fired up car and it smokes right away. i think its just burning the oil in the dp off from previous blown turbos and take it for a spin, still smokes. curse and cry and call jeff about ideas. he says ship it back and theres nothing wrong with it! come to find out had too large of a feed on it that only got worked out after turbo #5. car sat for the better part of a year at my appt complex and didn't turn a wheel :(

now it runs great but man those were some trying times...