eraezer - Supra MK3 -89 -Swedish Build

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Clean stuff!
eraezer;1191129 said:
I will polish and wax it as soon as possible :) Since it's red it will be fun to see the diffrence since it's so easy to spot.

Will do wonders for our red cars our age ;)

Last edited:

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
-:|Update - 2008-12-09|:-

Time to start making proper updates in this thread, and this is the first one of many :)

Today I checked the ABS error codes and got 32 and 34 :/

32: Left front wheel speed sensor signal malfunction
34: Open circuit in front speed sensor

Any ideas how I should solve these errors?

What does #34 actually mean? Is it a short somewhere?

I also notice that there was no air left in the front left tire :/ so I need to get that repaired.

Since I now can open the trunk I decided to take a look in there.
There was no spare wheel there, but I did find a set of jumper cables and when opening the little
door on the left side I found one stock jack, a set of toyota tools and alot of wheel nuts and some
of them where locknuts, the "key" was also there.

Also when looking thru that door I notice a bit of rust on the wheel well :/
But that is just a very minor problem since the supra will be taken down into its smallest pieces.
When it's taken apart I will take care of all the rust and the undercarriage will be stripped of it's
undercoating. I've heard that it's very thick. True? Has anyone weight it?

Brakefluid is down to the low mark. When Driving the car a little it felt like the brakes in the rear
where on. I'm guessing that was the handbrake since it has been standing outside.
The brakes will be renovated, sandblasted and painted. Any suggestion on the color? Red?
(The car will remain red)

I will also upgrade the brake hoses to stainless steel braided hoses. But there are alot to
choose from, any suggestions?

I found a little oil around the first sparkplug, but the connector was dry.
Could it be due to bad cam cover seals?

When I sat down in it I got some drops of water on me so I looked up and notice that the inner roof
on the targa was wet, but just a little out on the edge. Bad targa seal?

If you have looked in the project thread about my Mazda (there is actually one more ;) ) you
can see what kind of stuff I do with my cars ;)

Since I'm new with supras I need some help and pointers along the way. Thanks in advance.

Pictures:

Just showing that I now can open the trunk :D
25079225.jpg

All the wheel nuts that I found
25079219.jpg

Found some rust :(
25079223.jpg

I got this with the car :)
25079222.jpg

No air left :(
25079220.jpg

This is where the targa seal is leaking :/
25079224.jpg

25079221.jpg

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
the undercarriage will be stripped of it's
undercoating. I've heard that it's very thick. True? Has anyone weight it?
The thickest area of it under my 86.5 was close to 3/4".This stuff can be a real bitch to remove.I never bothered to weigh it,filled a 55 gallon drum over half way with what I scraped off.Had no luck w/sandblasting or chemical stripping, ended up using a heavy scraper and a serious wire wheel on an electric grinder.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
modmonster2008: Are those really needed? They seam to hide leaks for awhile.

toy fanatic78: wow that's thick. I'm going to use what I used on my other cars, a wire wheel with the wires twisted. Those work best in my opinion, the wires does not break of as easly as the regular wire wheels.And I can stop just above the coating nearest the steel. I have noticed that you can move it around because it smears (correct word? :S), but if you move it right the undercoating shall soon be on the floor :)

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
eraezer;1199729 said:
modmonster2008: Are those really needed? They seam to hide leaks for awhile.

toy fanatic78: wow that's thick. I'm going to use what I used on my other cars, a wire wheel with the wires twisted. Those work best in my opinion, the wires does not break of as easly as the regular wire wheels.And I can stop just above the coating nearest the steel. I have noticed that you can move it around because it smears (correct word? :S), but if you move it right the undercoating shall soon be on the floor :)

That is what I meant by a serious wire wheel,the ones with the twisted wires,about 5" diameter,this made pretty quick work of it.
I don't like using torches under my car.
The undergone stuff from eastwood was what I had tried as far as chemical stripper,it would just soak in at first.After I broke through a few spots with the wire wheel it seemed to get "under " the coating a little better.It helped clean up around the edges,and real tight spots.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Thank you toy fanatic78, I'll kepp that in mind if I try any chemical stripper.
I found a suplier here in Sweden for the undergone, but it's expensive here :-/

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
-:|Update - 2008-12-28|:-

It's getting close now, soon I will have the supra in my very own garage spot :p
We started building a loft over the spots yesterday for storage.
It's about 50% done and we need to have some work done on the lights.

Pictures:

Out in the cold waiting to get into the garage
25402096.jpg

25402091.jpg

25402090.jpg

25402094.jpg

25402095.jpg

My GC is also staying outside the garage in the cold
25402089.jpg

My own garage spot :p
25402093.jpg

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
-:|Update - 2008-12-29|:-

Got the supra inside today and it felt great :D
We couldnt just drive it in, we had to raise the rear and pull it a bit, but it was pretty easy.

As soon it was in I started working :p removed the interior behind the front seats and
went to town on the sound deadening.

Bad cell phone pictures, sorry :(

Pictures:

The supra is now inside the garage and ready to become the beast it was meant to be ;)
25402109.jpg

25402102.jpg

Some cables were routed agains the downpipe before me owning it
25402107.jpg

An overview over the enginebay
25402106.jpg

An gigantic K&N filter that needs cleaning of replacing
25402103.jpg

The work has begun :p
25402108.jpg

Removed all the interior behind the front seats and removed the sound deadening
25402110.jpg

25402104.jpg

Removed the sides of the spoiler and the antenna motor
25402105.jpg

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
-:|Update - 2008-12-30|:-

I had to help a friend with his exhaust today while he helped us with the wireing for the lights.
But I did take some better pictures of my supra.

Pictures:

25402115.jpg

25402111.jpg

25402113.jpg

25402112.jpg

25402114.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Wow you work fast, looking forward to seeing you turn it into a beast. No offense to your mazda but they aren't even in the same category when it comes to looks, the mazdas over here are for women to drive.:biglaugh:

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
thanks guys :)
If it wasnt for all the alcohol yesterday I would be in the garage right now, but I have to wait til tomorrow :-/ but then there will be pictures ;)