engine swap pros and cons

mshaw067

hello, I am not a turbo guy at the moment but this is the best place i thought of posting this thread.

I have a 7mge right now, I am thinking of swapping the 1ggte 2.0 twin turbo engine into my 87 supra. I like the 7mgte as well. I have looked up the specs and the 7mgte has more power but like the 7mge is prone to head gasket problems. I am just wanting insight on the subject. What do you turbo guises think would be the better payoff in the long run and short run>> Although the 1ggte would be different........

mshaw067;1808459 said:
hello, I am not a turbo guy at the moment but this is the best place i thought of posting this thread.

I have a 7mge right now, I am thinking of swapping the 1ggte 2.0 twin turbo engine into my 87 supra. I like the 7mgte as well. I have looked up the specs and the 7mgte has more power but like the 7mge is prone to head gasket problems. I am just wanting insight on the subject. What do you turbo guises think would be the better payoff in the long run and short run>> Although the 1ggte would be different........

Might aswell go with a 2jz. 7m is reliable if you do a metal head gasket right.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Getting parts for the 1G would be a serious pain. Can't even walk into a dealer and order the parts, you'd have to have someone from a country that natively got them to order the parts and ship them to you (if they're available at all).