Engine "builder" fail

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well... can't really explain it, so i'll let this pic speak for itself and give a link :rofl:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=224101

cimg9154nc7.jpg

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Did you really go through the whole thread because it has stopped running twice!

LOL

I love the shot of the turbo it ate, likely due to the 1 piece no flex badly welded IC piping, LOL.

That thread had me in tears it's so funny. I cannot believe it ran at all even so briefly.

My favorite part was the ginding off and rewelding a new clutch part to the old one with an angle grinder and no concerns about balancing it or anything.

I was sure this had to be a joke, surely I thought this is not for real.....

it was....

If you got 45 mins to burn you gotta check the thread and all the pics of the build out, it's seriously a classic for all the wrong reasons.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
And it's STILL GOING!

Sadly as much as I think it's funny, I really hope that clutch doesn't let go and hurt anyone...

SacoMan

Nov 25, 2005
Spain
www.supraclub.es
Jesus I nearly fell from my chair!!!!

I have been following that project since its starts, its originary from www.clubjapo.com a spanish japanese cars enthusiast

Those are sing grooves, and in the post linked in the original post there are a lot of pages in english explaining the benefits of those signs is better combustion, i might dig the original post, in spanish for you guys if you want. im registered in that page.

Edit: I see thats a new eclipse they are doing, the tuner as you call it has an eclipse built to the top his build thread is here im searching that thread on info on the sign grooves (maybe a better ideas is to google that)

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LOL, was kinda hoping someone would be able to translate a bit as any of the online translaters usually just come up with gibberish.

Those grooves have been used a bit on SBC's, but on a boosted engine they would only cause hot spots.

Oh, and as for how much horsepower supposedly it had nearly 400 by the dyno vid, but they never showed a graph...

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
The detonation pitting is for increased combustion chamber volume.

The frankenstien welded clutch is a nice touch too!

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
I thought it was a joke first...

I still don't know whether I should laugh or cry... :ugh:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Holy crap!

Been doing a few hours research on those grooves in the head he has done, and it appears that they do infact possibly add positive result to the motor.

Now god only knows if he is doing them correctly at all but the concept has been patented and is more widely used than I could have imagined.

A quote from an article on the grooves.....

"We are sure you will find the same " things " that others have found after grooving .. Increased Torque, Increased Low-End Power and Overall Fuel Savings with Lower Emissions, resulting in much cleaner engines with lower operating temperatures and the capacity for unusually efficient engine " Tune Ups " without the dreaded " Knock or Ping " "

"Meaning to say, this simple but radical design change to squish areas & configurations enhances progressive turbulence in the charge close to the skin of the combustion chamber and further directs the (added) turbulence towards the igniter followed by multiple flame front propagation thus resulting in a radical change to " In-cylinder Combustion ". "

""Remember the most important factor in increasing engine performance and efficiency is to create " maximum turbulence " in the compression chamber."--Engine Legend Pat Goodman"

"Somender Singh says, “and what I have invented is really very simple.” At his workbench in Mysore, India, he uses a Dremel tool to work his magic. "

I'm not saying I'm a believer by any means or that it has real validity, but it does mert perhaps some testing and researching.

Attachments

• bart%20sr%201.jpg
    bart%20sr%201.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 35
  • BartJr.jpg
    BartJr.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 30
  • seh004xm.jpg
    seh004xm.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Volvo1.jpg
    Volvo1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 30
  • SSheen3.jpg
    SSheen3.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 29

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
good lord! SO MUCH BLUE.

This car is very hard to believe or understand. Everything has spraypaint on it. And oil as primer.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
what pisses me off most is that he actually bought GOOD parts... eagle crank? thats an easy 800... pistons are at least 400... rods are another 600... that turbo was what? 1k?

it honestly wouldnt have cost him that much to at least hone the shit and get the crank cut... but nope, fuck that, i'll just toss it together! and that fuel system? he does realize that its a TANK, not two barrels....