engine bearings

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
yes they are. but if your going for 6-700(if you really are) price shouldnt matter and skimping out things would be a big no no. unless you want to skimp and then blame the 7m and swap a jz. eh.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
^he is talking about 400whp. i would say with clevites so cheap just get them. if anyone payed $400 for a set of clevites they would have to be a dumbass. any napa, kragen, or whatever the hell its called where you live should have them. or you can get them hear. best price i have found online for them. also its from a reputable supplier.

gl.

http://www.suprasport.com/Clevite-77-Full-Bottom-end-Bearing-Kit_p_5353.html

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i just added up titan price and it was 30 bux cheaper. also if you havent noticed lately there have been a lot of thread regarding suprasports custom service and lack of shipping.

acl's are only 60 bux a set from drift motion. if properly built with the right clearances im sure they would do the job no doubt.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Generally a bearing is a bearing... it shouldn't be contacting your crankshaft anyways. As long as its a decent company with tolerance standards you should be fine. TaiHo, ACL, NDC, Clevite, generally all reputable companies. Never heard of any of them having repeated failures when installed properly. Not too sure what horsepower has to do with selecting a bearing though..

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
If you are seriously worried about bearing prices, Just wait till you actually have to buy something expensive. I used clevite bearings throught-out also had them all coated.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Yeah , Clevites are now re-boxed ndc's. I would suggest you go with KING BEARINGS $80 shipped ebay or a set of FEDERAL MOGUL form Oriellys. I have personally used from ACL,King to Federal mogul bearings and they all held their ground. Good luck and let us know what you dicide on .

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CyFi6;1516132 said:
Generally a bearing is a bearing... it shouldn't be contacting your crankshaft anyways. As long as its a decent company with tolerance standards you should be fine. TaiHo, ACL, NDC, Clevite, generally all reputable companies. Never heard of any of them having repeated failures when installed properly. Not too sure what horsepower has to do with selecting a bearing though..

A hell of a lot, more power = a bigger bang and a harder push on the piston,rod, bearing , Oil film and crank.....

King BiMetal bearings actually deform and splooge out the sides like silly putty in high HP engines, saw a motor at my crank shop that ran C77 rods and King Bimetals in the mains, Clevite's were perfect Kings were trashed.

Clevites for M engines are now "Mystery Boxes" and will contain what's available at the time.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
CyFi6;1516132 said:

You really should get your facts straight before you post in the Tech Section - the OP would do well to completely disregard this post.
Do not post in the Tech Section again unless you are 100% sure about what you are saying.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
IJ.;1516280 said:
A hell of a lot, more power = a bigger bang and a harder push on the piston,rod, bearing , Oil film and crank.....

King BiMetal bearings actually deform and splooge out the sides like silly putty in high HP engines, saw a motor at my crank shop that ran C77 rods and King Bimetals in the mains, Clevite's were perfect Kings were trashed.

Clevites for M engines are now "Mystery Boxes" and will contain what's available at the time.

Wow thats pretty crazy. Any idea how other bearings stand up to high hp? Curious about the popular bearing brands out there, especially OEM.What kind of power do you need to be making to even start worrying about these things?