ecu master digital tuner 3 on 7MGTE

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I was running speed density (no afm) but I did not have the table setup for the gm iat. I added a resistor I believe it was the 2.2k, between the factory temp sensor on the afm.
Then you just wire up to whatever extra input on the det3, other to ground on det3. The wires are not polar. After that's all hooked up you should be able to load the gm scale, then assign the correction for the input you're using in the table setup menu iirc.
It's been awhile since I looked at the software I believe I have a picture of the setup on my laptop

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Oh, so the resistor goes to the STOCK harness? Pretty much to keep it from throwing a code I'm assuming. What about the factory AFM? Is the signal from the DET3 enough to keep it from going nuts?

sammy1j

May 15, 2015
phoenix
Im planning on going with the det3. I currently have a neo. Is there a big difference between them? Im not a tuning expert but just wondering if i can get more out of the det3?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I couldn't tell you the difference between a neo but from what I've heard and experienced, the det3 is one of the best piggybacks you can get so far. Along with a very affordable standalone ecu that I have switched to.

sammy1j

May 15, 2015
phoenix
Waht standalone? All iv seen is +1000 bucks. The neo only controls fuel i believe and the det3 can control timing. So im assuming its alot better for tuning?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
The ecu master emu is 1275 iirc and does a bunch of things. The det3 does fuel and timing along with boost control. To me, the ease of being user friendly was the main reason to upgrade at the time from my maft pro. I only knew a little bit about tuning and with Zacks awesome tech support, I was able to get my car tuned and running in no time on the det3

sammy1j

May 15, 2015
phoenix
Ok cool ill be looking to get this soon. I have a 1j so hopefully its not going to be a pain. Ill most likely have the shop install it and tune it. Having launch control would be nice. When funds are availabe ill be looking to go the standalone route. Plan on selling the new and buying the det3 with that money. I made 350whp i was limited due to fuel cut

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I installed it right after my intercooler about a foot/2 from my throttle body . Just don't place it on the 3000 pipe otherwise it will heat soak being directly above the engine

momodragon

Jun 19, 2010
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Got the unit in the mail a couple days ago and i fed it 12v and ground and lil red light came on then i tryed connecting it to the computer but i always get the cannot connect in the det3 program! I installed the drivers and the latest program just not working!! Any tips would be cool

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
momodragon;2068849 said:
Got the unit in the mail a couple days ago and i fed it 12v and ground and lil red light came on then i tryed connecting it to the computer but i always get the cannot connect in the det3 program! I installed the drivers and the latest program just not working!! Any tips would be cool
I had a similar problem when I first tried hooking my laptop to my ecu.

I tried a second cord and it then connected. You may try another cord between the two and see if that helps

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
momodragon;2069824 said:
I made it work! I had to click update firmware!
Glad you figured it out man! I don't know that I'll be much help anymore since Im running the EMU now. We'll, if I did help out anyone that is.. [emoji12]

TheMR2Guy

Dec 30, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Have a quick question. I have a MapECU that I want to swap out for a DET3 but I don't have a AFM for it to learn off of since I'm using the MapECU to translate. Am I up a creek? Or could I probably (and terribly) run them in parallel until the DET3 learns how to translate the AFM signal?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
TheMR2Guy;2073773 said:
Have a quick question. I have a MapECU that I want to swap out for a DET3 but I don't have a AFM for it to learn off of since I'm using the MapECU to translate. Am I up a creek? Or could I probably (and terribly) run them in parallel until the DET3 learns how to translate the AFM signal?
I haven't ran the det3 for a awhile but iirc, the det3 creates a fuel map based off the afm signal. Once you've ran the car with the afm, there's a menu to select to convert from maf to map.

I can do a little looking on my laptop and see if I have my original fuel map that you can use that has already been "learned" for map based setup.

I don't think you can run both ecu in parallel, I just don't see how that would work.

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
I made this with some info i found online, tried to piece all the best info into one.

i have a 87 7mgte, yellow plug. Let me know what you guys think!

Going to try and wire mine up this weekend. My laptop is from 2007 and has window 7/vista. The CD didnt work so i had to download it onto my desktop, transfer to USB, then it worked with no issues. Hopefully it will communicate ok and i dont have to buy another lap top.

DET3 Wire 87-88 supra.jpg