ecu master digital tuner 3 on 7MGTE

Ok new question, Ive gone through the owners manual a couple of times and im having a hard time figuring out the maf to map conversion. Which analog input is the built in Map on? The manual talks about adding the map sensor connection to analog input #4 but the unit has a built in map so how would I be able to connect it and what would I use on the tables setup. The owners manual is very vague and hard to get a grasp on things.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
It's built into the input #2. Depending on if you have the 2.5 or 4 bar map sensor you will select in the table setup drop down menu the map sensor you have. I haven't done the Maf to map yet so I'm still learning as well

Pretty sure on mine the MAP is input 4 as thats whats already loaded on it.
when I selected "load" on the scales Config and then Selected the file "Test" It put my analog inputs as this:
1. LINEAR VOLTAGE SCALE 0-5V
2. GM TEMP. SENSOR (3,5K@20 C)
3. NARROW BAND O2 SENSOR 0-1V
4. MOTOROLA MPX4250 MAP SENSOR

So now im trying to figure out how to actually convert over to MAP.
would be nice for someone who has done it to chime in.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
After exchanging a few emails with Zack, he said that analog #2 is wired internally for the map sensor. Depending on which box you got, 2 bar for 4 bar which determine how to setup your scales configuration.

I have mine setup as follows
1-linear voltage 0-5v (launch control on clutch switch)
2-det3 with built in 400kpa map sensor (since I have 4bar)
3-wideband sensor afr 10-20
4-gm temp sensor (3,5k@20c)

Now for the conversion from Maf to map is very easy actually. This is in the last pages of the manual BTW. (assuming you're running good on Maf, all wired up correctly)
Hook your laptop up, start your car and start driving. You'll want all kinda of loads so do some wot pulls in different gears and different load ranges. (make sure you're up to operating temp!)
Now you'll go over to the log window and right click on the screen "convert Maf to map". Boom you now have a map base map with some tuning to fill in the 'holes' and smooth out your new map. You'll see what I mean when you do this.

Assuming you have your scales configuration like I mentioned above, set your setup tables like this after you do the conversion. (I'll try and get pics as soon as I can)
Fuel table
Modify - frequency
Load - analog in #2 (map input)
Correction #1 - disable (will enable later for iat fine tuning)
Correction #2 - disable

Ignition table
Load - analog in #2
Correction #1&2 - disable for now, get your fuel map down before messing with ignition map.

Pwm tables #1&2 disable all of them.

Hope that helps you out! I hope to do a full write up soon once I'm running perfectly!

Once running good on your new map go ahead and Unplug your Maf sensor and install a 2200ohm resistor in between wires 1&2 on your Maf connector. The resistor should have been included in your kit. This will allow you to now remove your Maf sensor and you'll be running completely on map. Tuning is very easy, just by myself I was able to do some pulls down the highway log and consistently run 11.5 afr at wot.

Being a rookie at tuning, I seemed to figure It out pretty fast! I'm still going to take my car to psi in Portland to get a full tune with timing, I also have water methanol so I don't want to blow my engine up because I don't know what I'm doing. Haha. Good luck!

Last edited:

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I'm not sure, it does cover it a bit in the manual but for me it's kind of hard to understand. As for the different type of ecu I don't think the actual box tells you if it's 2 or 4 bar. If you ordered the 4 bar go ahead and use input #2 - det3 with built in 400kpa map sensor from the drop down menu

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
How do you change values? with the minus - or the plus + keys?? or you have to type the values?

Jomahu

Jan 7, 2012
Costa Rica
Hey guys, just a fast question. ¿Actually DET 3 is working with our stock CPS/Igniter/Coils? I've read in somewhere -can't remember exactly- about replacing them with Lexus (IS300?) to make it works...

Thanks in advance

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Det3 will work with the factory setup. Or if you want to switch to is300 coils it will run great on them too.

I ended up going with the is300 coils anyway

Jomahu

Jan 7, 2012
Costa Rica
sheedy126;2045135 said:
Det3 will work with the factory setup. Or if you want to switch to is300 coils it will run great on them too.

I ended up going with the is300 coils anyway

Thanks sheedy126 for the fast response! I think I will go with DET 3 then. Will post it as soon as I get it.

Thanks again!