ecu master digital tuner 3 on 7MGTE

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hey guys maybe you can help me with this, I also just got this piggyback and the shop can't figure it out, I have an 88 7mgte and when they wired it up the guy tuning it can't get the car right at all. Does anyone know the wiring diagram for an 88 ecu, or something to help them out.

chesky911

Sep 2, 2009
avila
I 'm going to buy a DET3 but I have not understood the wiring diagram yet
the engine is 1990 stock 7M
I am confused with some wires

DET3: ------> (Symbol) (Terminal name) 7M ECU

Pin 1 (+12V)---------->(+B) (EFI Main Relay)
Pin 2
Pin 3
Pin 4
Pin 5
Pin 6(Ignition Out)---->(NE) (Cam Position Sensor)
Pin 7(Frequency Out)->(KS) (Air Flow Meter)
Pin 8(Pullup)------2.4 kΩ + Pin 10(Frequency In) ------->(KS)(Air Flow Meter) ??I am confused
Pin 9(Ignition In)------>(IGNITER NE does not exist) 7M ecu pins are IGNITER: IGT or IGDA or IGDB or IGF?????

Pin 11(Ground)-------->(E01)(Power ground)
Pin 12
Pin 13
Pin 14
Pin 15
Pin 16
Pin 17
Pin 18
Pin 19
Pin 20

Pin 7 , pin 8 and pin 10 go together to KS??

Could you help me to finish wiring diagram please?
Thanks

The 2.4k ohm resistor goes from pin 8 to pin 10, then the wire from pin 10 goes the the AFM, The resistor does not go between 10 and the afm. If you get what I mean.

Pin 7 is the FREQ OUT wire that will go to the ECU. So basicly your cutting the AFM wire that is going to the ECU and the AFM side is going to pin 10 and the ECU side is going to pin 7

Also you need to use BI POLAR OUT instead of IGN OUT on the pin out on the DET3

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Mine was wired to a analog input. Let's say #4, other to ground. Just make sure to define the analog input you're using for what sensors in the software

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OK so I got the det3 converted over to map, thing is the table is mostly incomplete, So I started using the log window to verify what is there is correct and its way rich. According to the Freq IN vs the Freq Out. So ive started adjusting the fuel table to get them as close as possible Using the logger and the freq in vs the freq out, To keep it running pretty much like stock. I do have wideband to install and im going to get it done soon to start logging that, then I will tune on that and remove the AFM

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Good idea to install your wideband before you mess with the maps too much. If you need one to get started I can send you my old one before I switched to the ecu masters emu

Nick Squire

Aug 8, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, does anyone have any pictures of their install, ie where you installed it in your car, and whether you made a harness or just cut up yours etc. i'm thinking about biting the bullet on one of these

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I mounted mine to my factory ecu with some 3m double sided tape.
I didn't make a harness but just tapped into the factory harness since the det3 is easily removable with a connector. The wires from my det3 to harness are only a few inches long.

I don't have any pictures of the mount though :/

Nick Squire

Aug 8, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
hey guys, I've now received my DET3 and I'm going to install it this week, I don't know anything about tuning etc but it's all I've been reading about this past month. What did you guys set your launch control parameters to to get 8lbs off the line with a ct-26, I'm sure I can figure it out just thought it'd be nice to have a reference point.

Thanks

TRC

Jul 30, 2015
Portugal
Hi guys does anyone have the stock ECU pin out schem? I dont want to mess up,just want to be sure where to conect the wires.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to do the IAT install. I'm using a GM style sensor, do I need to add the resistor? I'm not in fuel implant mode, so I'm not taping into the stock sensor.

There's already a scale table for the GM map sensor in the software, but wanted clarification on it. Have any of guys started messing with boost control yet?