ecu master digital tuner 3 on 7MGTE

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
I posted the 7mgte wiring on page 1 post #4 . I can give you the set up if you need no problem.

CarlosPTR210;2003566 said:
dude can you share some information like the setings and wiring, i want to buy it :D

tks and your time and full support

regards.

carlos

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
your right here in jamaica ny so am I ,id love to see this setup? did you get it tuned locally ?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
trashcanhead;2003843 said:
Just ordered a det3 from Zach at ECUmaster. I am wanting to do a walk through for everybody and some videos as well to get people on board since its hard to find anything on it .its on its way now and were running it on a 7mgte also .

I have your wiring diagram and wanted to ask you a couple questions on it . why you had to do the multiplex delete if that was to be able to do timing adjust or if it has to be done to get it to work at all .I want timing adjust as well.

Also is the KS on your diagram is knock sensors there was a KS also by the afm meter on the diagram. could you tell me what the second KS is? and did you hook up only one knock sensor as well.

Did you hook up the unit to a afr 02 sensor to get a reading for it and what pin did you hook it to .

It would really help to have your saved map if you could email me it to have a good starting point id really appreciate it. Also just to know what to do where in the software without being blind. my Email is strokeitimports@Kc.rr.com
Any pics you can take of wiring and under hood of map and air temp sensor would be so helpful too of your wiring and install if you get time .

I really hope you could help me out with this and i will help everyone else out once i get it going . Appreciate your time thanks Dave ,

KS would be the Karman sensor (the airflow meter).

You can input the 0-5v signal from your wideband to any of the analog inputs on the device. They're user configurable.

It's critical that you read the entire manual before installing the device. The DET3 isn't like an AFC where you can just wire it up and run through the menus, it's a far more sophisticated device. The manual is available for download on our site along with the software. It's around 45 pages, but half of that is just graphics and screenshots.

In terms of underhood wiring, since you're using the boost control feature you'll have two wires for the boost control solenoid, and two wires for the air temp sensor. The rest of the wiring will be at the ECU. The MAP sensor for the DET3 is built into the box, so you simply run a vacuum line from the intake manifold to the device. All of the wiring is covered in detail in the manual.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
BaseMap dt3 MAF.png

My first Base Map On My 7MGTE with AFM connected. This was before Tuning...
I was using the Lex/550 mod.for this Basemap.

The MAF To MAP conversion comes after You Tune Your car on the MAF.
You need this tune to do you conversion to MAP. Then you retune The MAP and done.

Your 2step can go on your Clutch switch. I have my 2step set up on the speed sensor, You MUST Be on MAP for that .I cant wait to 2step at the track this year... CT26 LOL Nice but im sure it will kill it soon..8-10lbs launch.

Funny but this thing has more stuff I have not even touched. cool PIGGY

Last edited:

trashcanhead

Apr 4, 2014
smithville mo
thanks for these

I wanted to ask if the 2 step switch could be the clutch switch glad you mentioned it.really excited to see what all it can do.

I researched alot on this unit and there is not much in english about it that was why i mentioned making a walk through for it.
glad to have your help and Zach at ecumaster also.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Just for the sake of information, I started ECUMaster USA at the beginning of this year and we are the exclusive wholesale distributor for North America. I'm not the same Zach that was mentioned previously in the thread, he was affiliated with a shop that is no longer in business.
We're actively building our dealer network, and authorized dealers can be found on our page at www.ECUMasterUSA.com
I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding any of our products, either our standalone or piggyback computers.
Our DET3 comes in two versions, one version with a 2.5 bar map sensor built in, and another version with the 4 bar map sensor. Retail pricing for the 2.5 bar is $425 and the 4 bar version is $450. I realize that this is more than the price quoted earlier in the thread, but bear in mind that the shop that was selling them for that price went out of business. The exchange rate has also taken quite a hit, which doesn't help. We're doing what we can to keep cost down, but in order to keep the doors open and keep these products in stock, we have to sell them for more than we pay for them.

Now that that's out of the way, I just want to brag on the DET3 a little bit. The features that impress me the most about this device are internal logging, how good the boost control is, two step rev limiting, closed loop O2 feedback, and how good the timing control is. The flexibility in choices of inputs and outputs is impressive, as well. I remember very nearly buying a VPC brand new in 2001 and it was somewhere between $700-1000. That you get a device that converts to speed density, has internal logging, timing control, boost control, will correct AFRs on the fly with closed loop O2 control, and has two step is really impressive at this price point.

I'm going to work closely with supranasty and trashcanhead to do a detailed writeup on 7M installations. Feel free to download the manual and software at www.ECUMasterUSA.com

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
zach with the digital tuner can you have different maps/configurations saved for different driving conditions

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
RiyadYar;2004497 said:
zach with the digital tuner can you have different maps/configurations saved for different driving conditions

You can wire a switch and toggle between two maps with the DET3, and you can save an infinite number of maps on whatever laptop you're using to tune with.

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
Hope im not thread jacking too much, But I'm currently running maft-pro and have been eyeing this set up as an alternative.
What would i have to purchase in order to have it control boost, stay without my stock afm, and trigger water/meth injection at a certain psi? Also, Iat sensor required?

Last edited:

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Our boost control solenoid kit is $99, that's all you need for boost control. You have to have an IAT sensor if you delete the AFM, that's a critical part of the fuel calculation when you go speed-density. Triggering water/meth is as simple as hooking up one trigger wire to the DET3 and setting up a few parameters in the software.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Is the ecu masters plug and play ready for the 7mgte? This will not read the factory 7mgte knock sensors? It might be time to stand alone. I missed the dimensions of the ecu and length of adapter harness.

trashcanhead

Apr 4, 2014
smithville mo
Quick Update on the det3 install...
Wire it as in the diagram that supranasty posted but use the bipolar out instead of the ignition out .
We ran it on the lexus 550 setup first and was just using the Det3 for frequency corrections and boost controller but wanted to try map so we talked to Zach at ecumaster and he sent us a map for the engine he tuned a while back on a 2jz with 7m wiring and electronics that was setup for 440cc injectors. He mentioned that it will work but will need tweak it a bit for our larger injectors we are running.
So we loaded map, disconnected the stock narrow band o2 and put a 2.2 resistor in the stock air temp wire then gave it a try . So far it works really good with some tuning here and there on the fuel map. . Also He mentioned to not use corrections yet and leave them at the default 100 percent unless needed so as to not change fuel during full boost as it can cause problems unless absolutely needed.
Also after it is tuned he said we can hook the narrowband back up and the stock Ecu will resume a closed loop operation . Here is the 2jz test map that Zach sent from ecumaster and also the link for the 1.30 firmware as well.

We will keep you updated on how it comes out when we get it tuned and set correctly. so far the greatest piggy period.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
would this be the proper way to wire it to the harness?

i noticed you put igniter NE and NE to ecu. wouldnt the det3 be wired to igniter IGT and ECU NE? im a little confused there but otherwise i think i got it.
im also going straight to map since i was originally using the maft pro i eliminated the factory afm plug and part of the wiring to it. which is why the KS wires are marked in red, i wont be using them.

(Figured it out) the det3 basically intercepts NE from the cps to ecu.

dt3 wiring2.jpg

Last edited: