ebay projectors

-jdmmk3-

slip n slideeee
Mar 23, 2006
: las vegass :
hey all quick question my friend has the same supra as me and today he got some headlights for his car but we kind of had a hard time putting them on he said he got them from ebay n on tha back was a black n a white wire unseen on the stock headlights and we dont know where to connect them i thought they needed to be grounded but that not the case .. i told him not to get the headlights they are some projector headlights any help ? thanks

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Im not 100% sure of what wire you are talking about, but you are correct that most of the white w/ black stripe wires is for a ground.

Low beam= red with black strip, High beam= red with blue stripe, and I would figure the white with black strip is the ground.

There is just a plug (H4 style) on the back side of the lights with 3 wires in it. IIRC high / low beam, and ground. Low beam= red with black strip, High beam= red with blue stripe, and I would figure the white with black strip is the ground.

Last edited:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
if the'yre from ebay, they probably came with a "city" light, that's supposed to act like a parking light..

you can connect it, or just leave it alone, and leave the plug unwired...

that is, if what you're talking about is the city light..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ it might but my "city light" had a red wire and black. But maybe the china guy ran out of the correct color wire and just used what ever he had on his work bench. lol

-jdmmk3-

slip n slideeee
Mar 23, 2006
: las vegass :
thats the link to the headlights if you can see the 2 wires on the headlight its black n white those are the ones were tryna figure out thanks for the help

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
The extra 2 wires (white wire and black wire) are for the city lights (parking lights). You do not have to hook them up but if you want to the black wire goes to any grounding point, and the white wire gets tapped into the parking lights.

I thought you were talking about the OEM wiring for the head lights.

thread /

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Wow, those lights are awful. I'd imagine they have a terrible pattern, too. Not to mention the potential for glare...

Get some Hella E-codes. It would be a much better investment.

Oh, and -jdmmk3-, try using some punctuation. My brain nearly exploded trying to decipher what you wrote, so I didn't even bother to read it. I just clicked the link to look at the terrible headlights.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Shaeff - you don't have to imagine that they have a terrible pattern. MANY people have tried these and confirmed that they have a terrible pattern. I just wish people would stop buying this guy's crap so he would go out of business.

The extra wires are indeed for the city lights - totally worthless on pop-up headlights as you would not see the light from these when the headlights are on and nobody in their right mind would drive with their headlights up but not on.

I agree with Shaeff 1000000%! Get some Hella E-codes and be done with it. You'll get a MUCH better light pattern and you'll actually be able to SEE when driving at night.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Yep, and if you're going with HID's, (please, for the love of safety, tell me you're not planning to put HID's in those things...) do an OEM retrofit, or use projectors that are designed for HID's.

All these years, Keith has been preaching about proper lighting etiquette, safety, etc... Many of us, including myself brushed that aside and stuck some HID's in Hella E-codes (some in worse housings). Coming from the other side of the tracks, I'd have to say that Keith has been right all along.

DO NOT PUT HID's IN A HOUSING DESIGNED FOR HALOGEN LAMPS! It will never be right, and will always be more dangerous. I'll never do it again, and have since ripped out my HID kit from my pickup using e-codes.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
my cousin bought those ebay housings for her mk3, took about 30 minutes to install and wire up, and took another 15 minutes to take it out!

stay away from these, waste of money, waste of time. crappy pattern, and doesn't really 'project' at all like a projector headlight should. just looks like a big blob in the middle.