EagleOne Wax as good as they claim?

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
Sometime commercials can be very conceiving. I was wondering if those Eagle one NANO wax are any good? They say it last longer, works faster, details better in half the time........

Be nice to shine my car up and to rid the swirls without a buffer. But it sounds too good to be true.

NanoWax.jpg

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
ive used it before cant say much about it. The only car care products i use are Zaino and Meguiars.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
My roomate uses the nano wax on his black car and likes it a lot. it does look great, but I think I've found two waxes that are even better.

my method is similar to Mike's, but with different products.

- wash with dishsoap (I only do this once a year, before a major detail)
- claybar
- Meguiar's deep crystal paint cleaner
- meguiar's deep crystal polish
- World's Best Wax is a carried and sold by a local high end detail shop that deals with lambos, Ferraris and the like. at $80 a jar it's super expensive, I got a great deal at a trades show for a small container. at 46% carnauba content by volume, it's some of the highest on the market. it shines very deeply but doesn't last more than a month. fortunately it goes on and off like butter, and you don't need much for each application.

I've heard meguiar's products have high solvent and water content and aren't the best, but they've been working great for me and are readily available.

Results:
2zimys2.jpg

Meguiar's NXT tech wax is my second favourite, and favourite synthetic wax. I topcoat the carnauba wax with it after it's had a day to cure, makes it last much longer and adds more reflection to the deepness. anymore wax than two coats is a waste, as the paint can't retain anymore. A coat of the NXT wax lasts me nearly all summer and gives a great shine.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
My friend uses Zymöl for his collection of cars, but that stuff is expensive as hell. I've always though that NXT gen is very good for the money. Two coats on my DD will have the water beading of like the day I waxed for 4-5 months afterwards.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Tire Shredder;942156 said:
it shines very deeply but doesn't last more than a month. fortunately it goes on and off like butter, and you don't need much for each application.

johnathan1;942184 said:
When I discovered Zaino, I threw my bottle of Zymol away...it is awesome to say the least.

Tire Shredder, try Zaino. It lasts forever. Well worth the cost.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nanowax works REALLY well, but being carnauba, it doesn't last long.

Any of the synthetic polymer waxes will work a whole lot better IMHO.

Zaino makes AWESOME products, but sadly my paint is too far gone to be saved, so I use the NXT wax for protection until I have the time to repaint...plus it makes the paint that IS there very nice...

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
O_O. Nevermind then.

And it looks so good in your signature! :[

edit: Wait a minute...by "primer" do you mean lighter, whitish, "hazy" looking spots? Because that is oxidation, and can be removed...lots of people mistake that for the undercoat of the paint showing through...

I think you should post up some pics.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
johnathan1;943050 said:
O_O. Nevermind then.

And it looks so good in your signature! :[

edit: Wait a minute...by "primer" do you mean lighter, whitish, "hazy" looking spots? Because that is oxidation, and can be removed...lots of people mistake that for the undercoat of the paint showing through...

I think you should post up some pics.

x2. You should have seen my accord. After about 25 hours of paint work, it went from ass ugly to great. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeha, it's the primer, the more buffing you do, the worse it gets :(

I have quite a few parts to replace as well, you're seeing the good end of it in my sig...

Pics are here http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/viru52000/build%20thread/

Car looks WORSE now since I had my car hit in the passenger side fender twice in two days in our work parking lot, and it's got a nasty scuff on the passenger side front bumper from a minor (thank god) accident...

Forgot to mention the front of the car (fenders, hood, bumper) where resprayed cheaply in two stage paint... the clear is coming off in sheets

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Meguiars here. on lower side of car use a cleaner wax. follow with meguiars #7 or nxt. Lately been using the nxt. Claybar when needed.

Will have to try the Zaino, but I don't like it when the car is too shiney!:3d_frown: