Dylan's How-To: Hatch Strut Replacement

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
Don't pay $200 for toyota struts, autozone has them for $30 a pop. Tested and verified, these struts work great

http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/Hatch+Strut+Install+5-29-05/

normal_DSC_2420.jpg

Last edited:

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Awsome, I can finally replace the damn things now. I have the struts but couldnt put em in now I have pictures and a step by step "how to" so I can get crackin on those.

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Your "how to" did such a great job I figured I would show some pics of the finished product. Also sry about the first 2 pictures, damn lens fogged up :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Supra 015.jpg
    Supra 015.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Supra 016.jpg
    Supra 016.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Supra 017.jpg
    Supra 017.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 105

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Well whont be getting rid of the stick just yet but yes the hatch cover dose need to be dropped for a blue one. It dose add character though :biglaugh:

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Well the ones I used came with the car when I bought it, so no I didnt use the ones you suggested.

Barrnone

Jul 28, 2005
CA
I tried to find the part number that is in the photo (C95880) and have been unable to locate it. The manufacturuer ArvinMeritor does not have that number listed anywhere in the application guide either. Here is the one I found http://www.arvinmeritor.com/products/mcs/aftermarket/mightyliftcatalog.asp
My local Autozones also have no listing for that number. Do you happen to know what application that part number was for? Maybe the part number changed.

Thanks

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
I called a few random autozones and they were all able to pull it up quickly, Mighty-lift struts @ $29.99 each. I asked him where he was looking on his system, he said since it was struts he just looked under Mighty-Lift and it had the hood and hatch part numbers.

*Update* try asking for 'hatchback lift supports'. I also had it verified that C95880 is the only part number that it is listed with in their system. Good luck

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
I just wanted to say that i just ordered them online from autozone.com verified the part # and was able to find them under the hatch lift strut or whatever. Had them shipped to my door in about a week for $30 a piece and they work awesome. My struts still held up my hatch well even with the spoiler but those new struts work GREAT I had no idea what they were supposed to feel like. Thanks for the install write-up and directions. My install was easy since my interior was all out for the struts, rear strut bar, taillight, and moulding upgrades that i've done recently.