Dual or single tip muffler

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
i have a 88 n/a for right no but going to be swaping a 7mgte sometime down the road. im trying to decide what exhaust i should get a single or a dual tip muffler style exhasut. what would most of yall perfer on your car. ive been looking at the Reaptor racing exhaust, blitz nur spec r, and the tanabe touring medallion. PICTURES would be good also and your opinions of the three or different types. before anyone says it i have used the search to look for a thread already like this.lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, one big advantage is that the dual tip mufflers don't look that big... and as a result tend to attract less attention from the local law enforcement. Depending on where you live, that might be worth considering.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
GrimJack;1477532 said:
Well, one big advantage is that the dual tip mufflers don't look that big... and as a result tend to attract less attention from the local law enforcement. Depending on where you live, that might be worth considering.

i live in virginia and they are strict on exhasut. they say here if it dosent look something close to stock it is illegal. but i was thinking if it is quiet ir may not draw to much attention

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Needboost;1477536 said:
i live in virginia and they are strict on exhasut. they say here if it dosent look something close to stock it is illegal. but i was thinking if it is quiet ir may not draw to much attention

yeah cops in va are pricks. they pulled over my bud for "illegal exhaust" because it was loud, yet while writing the ticket a straight pipe harley goes blowing past without so much as a look.

if you want quiet, def not the blitz. might look into the hks drager. great sound and performance, but pretty quiet just cruising around.

does not look stock tho.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
maybe you missed this, has some shown in there
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65971

if i had to choose something other then what i have i think i would go with the blitz set up 1 for looks and 2 for sound its not to bad on the turbo (still pretty loud) but loud on n/a, the tanabe and blitz are both full stainless steel which is good but i don't like how the tanabe looks 1 that muffler (maybe considered a resonator) at the end right before the tip and how it sounds (only heard it in person on a 1j though)

found these two clips also (and i would check the sm vendors first some people have had problems ordering from supra store)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJRFjO4Q5M&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5uG-vms6uc&feature=player_embedded

and i know not listed but i like the hks dragger the most, just wish it was fully stanless steel also

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
I'm running a Magnaflow 3" in and twin 2.5" out. Not very conspicous, and the noise level is low with good flow for power.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GrimJack;1477600 said:
QFT. If you have strict or PITA law enforcement, you cannot beat the one from RR. If you're at all concerned about power, just pick up an electric cutout as well.

It's fully 3" so no need for a cutout ;)

818Supra

Feb 12, 2008
Pacoima, CA
Get the Raptor Racing dual tip exhaust. I got the 3" tips which he usually has in stock, and it looks great. I live in California so we have the Nazi police pulling over any car that doesn't look stock.

I haven't had any problems since it looks stock, and it has a nice low rumble compared to the fart cans.

818Supra

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
818Supra;1477858 said:
Get the Raptor Racing dual tip exhaust. I got the 3" tips which he usually has in stock, and it looks great. I live in California so we have the Nazi police pulling over any car that doesn't look stock.

I haven't had any problems since it looks stock, and it has a nice low rumble compared to the fart cans.

818Supra

do u have any pics with that exhaust? and dont they make a 3.5 inch tip also

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
Needboost;1477536 said:
i live in virginia and they are strict on exhasut. they say here if it dosent look something close to stock it is illegal.

Read the law for yourself or talk to a lawyer. They can't enforce this statement. They would have to clearly define what is and is not legal, because what "looks stock" is up for debate.