Single 4"
Shitty pics.
p1489889_1.jpg

p1489889_2.jpg

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
My five cents on dual tip muffler: (it may not be true) from what I've heard a dual tip will actualy pass gas better than a single tip, because for an example: if you have two, 2 1/2 tips that would equal five inches of exit compared to only three or four inches of exit. although by splitting it up into two tips may cause a slight restriction. Any thoughs from the experts??

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends on how the design is, but yeah, the magnaflow is a very smooth transition. Not to mention you're increasing the surface area to the muffling material so it SHOULD be quieter.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Koenigturbo;1490438 said:
My five cents on dual tip muffler: (it may not be true) from what I've heard a dual tip will actualy pass gas better than a single tip, because for an example: if you have two, 2 1/2 tips that would equal five inches of exit compared to only three or four inches of exit. although by splitting it up into two tips may cause a slight restriction. Any thoughs from the experts??

The cross sectional area of two 2.5" pipes is equal to one 3.5" pipe:
2*[3.14*(2.5/2)^2]=3.14*(d/2)^2, d=~3.54

What I've heard is that two pipes tend to be quiter than a single pipe, any truth to that?

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
Poodles;1490451 said:
Depends on how the design is, but yeah, the magnaflow is a very smooth transition. Not to mention you're increasing the surface area to the muffling material so it SHOULD be quieter.

poodles do you have any videos of your exhaust?

gobutai

Dec 22, 2009
TX
I like dual tip mufflers for the supra - looks stock and keep unwanted attention away... This is my problem with my new 91 Supra Turbo - she came with those "fart cans," and I either get tailed by A) law inforcement B) "fast and furious generation." I'm looking into that dual tip exhaust that was released by HKS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKlAE5PRoU4