Drove home with a BHG and Boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Great strategy. Come to Supramania and argue REPEATEDLY with one of the most knowledgeable, helpful members on the site. I'm afraid I'm gonna get on here one day and read about "1j" :)sarcasm:) taking off because his brain finally melted after helping so many disrespectful noobs.

Generally, if someone has 30,00 posts and is a moderator, they know what the fuck they're talking about. Supramania doesn't coddle stupidity, get a clue or GTFO.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Quin;1451174 said:
Great strategy. Come to Supramania and argue REPEATEDLY with one of the most knowledgeable, helpful members on the site. I'm afraid I'm gonna get on here one day and read about "1j" :)sarcasm:) taking off because his brain finally melted after helping so many disrespectful noobs.

Generally, if someone has 30,00 posts and is a moderator, they know what the fuck they're talking about. Supramania doesn't coddle stupidity, get a clue or GTFO.

you think everyone's out to get you now, imagine if you were to cause IJ to give up and leave

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I'll tell you failure, I'm not flaming you just giving some friendly advice.

When I was seventeen I was ignorant and arrogant. I thought I knew it all. It was only 5 years ago yet it seems like a lifetime ago, and I have learned so much since then. Your gonna learn from the school of hard knocks but you can also learn from others who have walked the path. If your anything like I was you dont like people telling you something, because you feel like they're talking down to you, even though they are usually not. If thats the case, the sooner you learn to listen, you will learn exponentially faster.

Is Ian on your case? Yes, but its not because of what you did or didnt do with your supra as much as it is your attitude in prior instances. In my stay here I have learned so much more from many here, but if I had to pick two people that I learned the most from its IJ and jdub. As for the 99% activity, just because hes on here alot doesnt mean he doesnt do anything else. I have hit 100% activity several times and I work full time, run a landscaping business that I started on my own, and attend college full time, in addition to my personal and social life. All these other guys are just as busy as I am, and work just as hard as I do. Their activity here has nothing to do with their productivity elsewhere.

When someone tells you that your wrong, listen and learn instead of jumping on the defense. Everyone makes mistakes, its human nature, the important thing is you learn something from it. If you listen to these guys in your travels you will learn alot more than going it alone. When someone tells you you're wrong take it as a learning experience instead of an insult. If someone tells you something wrong, someone else will correct them. This is the great thing about the forum because you not only learn that someone was wrong but more importantly WHY. And understanding why is the key to understanding the underlying concepts, so that they can be applied elsewhere in future scenarios.

Thats my advice, take it or leave it, but you'll be doing yourself a favor if you take it. Noone told me this, I had to figure it out on my own.

He who thinks he knows everything, knows nothing. He who knows he doesn't, knows something.

Reactions: alcyon

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Seriously where are you guys getting at that i havent listened and i need to do what
they tell me...

Never once has 1J or ANYONE for that matter ever said to me "do this and do that but dont do this", then i reply "no i dont think thats right." NEVER ever have i done that because i know i do not know more about supras than 90% of the SM member here so im not going to agrue...

And my other thread that 1J reffered to on the 1st page was only filled with attitude because while asking for help he replied with another little remark "You will only confirm your username"... Really? like really now? obviously his "mum" never told him "If you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all" he seriously wastes his time to make asshole remarks to noobs instead of trying to help....

He riducles but gives no foresight.

And after that first thread that me and him got into it i had gotten atleast
10messages from other members saying "Just drop it and learn to overlook his smart attitude"

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Just trollin through the forums and came across this.

Failure14 the WORST thing u can do on this forum is piss off Duane(UpgradedSupra)/I.J.(1J)/Jetjock/ The people who really know there shit. They help more people out on this forum daily than a call center does in a week.

Just sayin...

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Quin;1451174 said:

This! Supraforums is for the bullshit dumb noob answers!

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
livinasask8er;1451177 said:
you think everyone's out to get you now, imagine if you were to cause IJ to give up and leave

Man GTFO. It's an inside thing.

mattsplat72;1451182 said:
Didn't he leave before maybe piror to 06 when I signed up . I seem to remember something about that.

When he left this forum; I finally "met" him on SF. Date was January 14th 2007.

But lets switch gears. Can we get some thread locker 242?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Failure14;1451261 said:
Seriously where are you guys getting at that i havent listened and i need to do what
they tell me...

Never once has 1J or ANYONE for that matter ever said to me "do this and do that but dont do this", then i reply "no i dont think thats right." NEVER ever have i done that because i know i do not know more about supras than 90% of the SM member here so im not going to agrue...

And my other thread that 1J reffered to on the 1st page was only filled with attitude because while asking for help he replied with another little remark "You will only confirm your username"... Really? like really now? obviously his "mum" never told him "If you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all" he seriously wastes his time to make asshole remarks to noobs instead of trying to help....

He riducles but gives no foresight.

And after that first thread that me and him got into it i had gotten atleast
10messages from other members saying "Just drop it and learn to overlook his smart attitude"

From your very first thread you've done nothing but prove you have NFI and refuse to listen or learn.

Why on earth would I spend time and effort trying to help you?

The time I waste on you can go to other members that are willing to listen and learn, I don't know everything but if I tell someone something it's based on fact and 99.99% of the time accurate.

If I'm wrong and it's happened a few times I thank them for correcting me and add it to my knowledge base so I'm not spreading misinformation.

In the past I've asked for and received advice from the members here and irrespective of age if it's correct I'll happily take it again with a thank you!

By all means take advice from the 10 members that have messaged you I'm sure they have your best interests at heart...

Stupidity should neither be encouraged or rewarded, this isn't grade school where everyone is a winner just for participating.

side note it's not a "1" it's an "I"

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Anyways you made a mistake, its not like you can go back. Tear it apart and repair the headgasket, but be prepared for the worst. Things dont always work out how you think they will, you could put it back together and end up with rod knock (basically complete engine failure). When coolant gets in the oil it takes away its ability to lubricate properly, and things in the bottom end such as bearings wear out severely in a very short amount of time because of it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Fubar231;1451264 said:
Failure14 the WORST thing u can do on this forum is piss off Duane(UpgradedSupra)/I.J.(1J)/Jetjock/ The people who really know there shit. They help more people out on this forum daily than a call center does in a week.
Close, but not quite. The worst thing he could do is piss off Supracentral or myself. It's a bit tougher to do, we've got a lot thicker skin than most, but we're also a lot more vengeful if you do manage it. ;)

To the OP. Dude, if you really want to prove IJ wrong, it's not hard. Pull that engine out, get some solid advice and help, tear it down and rebuild it better than it was when new. Put it back in the car, take care of it, and drive it carefully for years without crashing it, running it out of oil / coolant / anything including windshield washer fluid.

In short, you want to prove the old guy wrong? Simple. Turn yourself into a success, and live a happy life.

Reactions: alcyon

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
GrimJack;1451286 said:
Close, but not quite. The worst thing he could do is piss off Supracentral or myself. It's a bit tougher to do, we've got a lot thicker skin than most, but we're also a lot more vengeful if you do manage it. ;)

To the OP. Dude, if you really want to prove IJ wrong, it's not hard. Pull that engine out, get some solid advice and help, tear it down and rebuild it better than it was when new. Put it back in the car, take care of it, and drive it carefully for years without crashing it, running it out of oil / coolant / anything including windshield washer fluid.

In short, you want to prove the old guy wrong? Simple. Turn yourself into a success, and live a happy life.

Aka, do it better. :biglaugh:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
personally

the usefulness of this thread especially in the tech section is as useful as a case of the hemeriods...

so

moved to the general forum as this might be a learning experience on what NOT to do....

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
^^^^ very well put, not a tech discussion. Not sure if this is the first thread about what not do when faced with a bhg but if it is your not a failure, and on that note you proved IJ wrong.

Everybody F*(ks up you just happen to be one of the many few that have came out and openly stated how. No biggie, just learn and live. What difference does it make how much shit you get on a forum? Do you personally know these people? Do they know your family and friends? NO. all you can do is take it with a grain of salt and learn from your mistake and advice that has been given to you. You are 17 so you can either stay pissed for the rest of eternity or use what has been given to for future reference. You never know when you will meet up with someone that gets a supra when they 17, think about what info you can relay to them on dos and donts? its not the end of the world

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
You got your spark-plugs wet. That's HOPEFULLY the only reason it stopped running. A compression test at this point could be misleading because the pressure can be escaping out the hole in the head gasket. I'd take the head off and have it inspected and get new valve guide seals put in it. Good luck

(assuming your temp needle never went into the red)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
figgie;1451296 said:
personally

the usefulness of this thread especially in the tech section is as useful as a case of the hemeriods...

so

moved to the general forum as this might be a learning experience on what NOT to do....

Actually there's really only one place for a thread like this:

severe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.