• Don't touch it, leave it alone.

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would definately paint the lip to match. I love the light color mouldings on it tooo...........:love:

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
Kylar27 said:
not sure what it is with some of you guys and unpainted body part add on's :dunno:

IF it was carbon fiber I could see why you would want to leave it, because it looks cool.

In my opinion unpainted body part add on's are ghetto and ricerish.

So yeah paint it :)

How is not painting the factory black front lip getto. It would look more getto if it was painted with all the scapes and scatches in the front lip. The scatches would show up alot easier if it was painted, compared to the way it is from the factory.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Kylar27 said:
not sure what it is with some of you guys and unpainted body part add on's :dunno:

IF it was carbon fiber I could see why you would want to leave it, because it looks cool.

In my opinion unpainted body part add on's are ghetto and ricerish.

So yeah paint it :)

I guess the stock black lip is ghetto.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
OneJoeZee said:
I guess the stock black lip is ghetto.

Who said anything about the stock lip? Where did I say that was ghetto?

What I said is unpainted body add on's are ghetto in MY opinion.

The stock lip is a small piece of plastic designed to protect the bumper from scrapes.

Aftermarket lips are much larger and have ducts and such. They are designed to make the car look lower and look better painted to me.

Joe is your lip painted??? Looks like it is to me. :biglaugh:

You guys get pussy hurt way too easy....;)

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
jonny87turbo said:
How is not painting the factory black front lip getto. It would look more getto if it was painted with all the scapes and scatches in the front lip. The scatches would show up alot easier if it was painted, compared to the way it is from the factory.

1.) Thats not a stock lip.

2.) When you have a lowered car, or an aftermarket lip/bumper you should know enough to avoid that.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Kylar27 said:
Who said anything about the stock lip? Where did I say that was ghetto?

What I said is unpainted body add on's are ghetto in MY opinion.

The stock lip is a small piece of plastic designed to protect the bumper from scrapes.

Aftermarket lips are much larger and have ducts and such. They are designed to make the car look lower and look better painted to me.

Joe is your lip painted??? Looks like it is to me. :biglaugh:

You guys get pussy hurt way too easy....;)

My lip isn't painted. I'm ghetto.

Don't flatter yourself. No one is 'pussy hurt.'

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
The lip is something that gets hit once in a while, gets chipped to hell, etc. If you drive your car alot id leave it black. This is generally speaking of course. With the full kit id prefer the painted look.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
OneJoeZee said:
My lip isn't painted. I'm ghetto.

Don't flatter yourself. No one is 'pussy hurt.'

Yeah you are, paint that lip :biglaugh:

At least its black so you cant tell.

Dude relax a little, it was my opinion which I am free to give. Your response gives away the fact that what I said bothers you.

Back on topic, to the original poster I think the car would look bad ass all white :love:
Someone has a Red Supra with the same combo of body parts all painted red to match of course :biglaugh: and it looks great!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Kylar27 said:
Yeah you are, paint that lip :biglaugh:

At least its black so you cant tell.

Dude relax a little, it was my opinion which I am free to give. Your response gives away the fact that what I said bothers you.

Back on topic, to the original poster I think the car would look bad ass all white :love:
Someone has a Red Supra with the same combo of body parts all painted red to match of course :biglaugh: and it looks great!

You give yourself too much credit. I am not butt hurt about your opinion and I am relaxed.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me upset.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Needs paint for the continuity of flow. The unpainted lip makes your front bumper look higher than the sides of the car.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Is this a stock lip with vents in it?

The lip that's on the car now is higher than the lowest point of the side skirt. I voted paint it, but thinking again, before spending money on paint...first you may want to buy another lip that will be at least as low as the lowest point of the side skirt. (You could get good money for selling the existing lip.) Also, looking at the picture below, the side mirrors (JDM?)have a different shade of white.

p1000650nv4.jpg

I noticed in the picture below that the rear bumper and wing appear to have a different shades of white compared to the rest of the car.

p1000649ah3.jpg

Why not paint the lip, side mirrors, rear bumper, and wing simultaneously? Also, you may want to re-shoot the rear add-ons so that you're assured that they match the bumper.

Compared to other colors, it's relatively more difficult to color match white. If you paint the pieces at different times, the pieces will have different shades. And with white, varying shades are easily discerned. A car with nice add-ons, that has a paint job that looks like a patch job is not so nice.:nono:

Save time and money at the shop by painting all the pieces together.

That's a lot of painting. You might as well paint the entire car. J/P.:icon_bigg . (Well, not really, if you have the money to do it. The car will look better since everything will match.)

Last edited:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
i think 91/92 White MKIII's that WEREN'T white package, have that slightly grayish trim to differentiate..

seen it on a few cars already...

Paint it...

I like the look of a black lip on a white car, but yours has sides and rears, so a paintin' is in order..