Did any of u encounter problems installing your cf stout hood?

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
Did any of u encounter problems installing your cf stout hood?

my hood dosent line up with the hood latch its off by like 1/2-1 inch?

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
YES, and it makes the front of the hood stick up on the right side ! Pissed me off. I tried redrilling the holes on my hood latch to move it over but that didn't work. I'm probably going to have to delete it and just run hood pins.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'm assuming it's not an authentic Stout hood?

Search for pics of the old CFX hoods. Perfect fit every time. They were/are incredible if you can find one. THAT is how a CF hood should fit.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
My CFX fit fine...had to adjust my latch a bit-but that was becuase my car was in a bit of a fenderbender before...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Every car will fit differently, Even stock hoods won't like up if the vehicle's been in an accident, or just loosedend up from 250K miles of driving with the top off..

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
shaeff;1206423 said:
I'm assuming it's not an authentic Stout hood?

Search for pics of the old CFX hoods. Perfect fit every time. They were/are incredible if you can find one. THAT is how a CF hood should fit.

I got it from Nick a while back when he made the GB, but recently tried to installed.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I got an OEM one from the same GB, its off by a bit (I have 250k+ miles on the chassis), mine took a little bit of dremeling in the rear, but the stock latch, latches...

I'm satisified with it...

J.SIN

Killin' It!
Oct 17, 2007
Garden Grove/ Long Beach
I had the same issue. The latch I had to get it cut a bit more so it can latch in. The hood needs to move a bit downward cause your able to see the gaps on the front and my left side shows a finger gap, But the right side is fine. Anyways, I need to get these fix somehow before I install my aerocatch hood pins.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
mine wouldn't latch either.i was going to make a longer hook,because i wanted to use the stock latch.i just ended up selling it and took a big loss.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
i got keith stout hood replica,
it doesnt latch up either.
what happen to their(carfashion) saying just bolt-up and go. no hood pins needed. lolz

Last edited:

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Damn... I was thinking about buying a stout hood from Jag... But now I'm having second thoughts... Even though my car has never been in an accident and has 90,000 miles... I'm super picky on fitment issues. Anybody not have fitment issues?

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Its not latching because its centered correctly on the latch. Get a flash light and look up from under the car when you try to latch it. Other than that the hood looked pretty good except when I got mine they polished around the outside of the c/f stout hood. Most of the center section had sanding, swirl marks and rubbing compound all over it.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
keo;1206795 said:
i got keith stout hood replica,
it doesnt latch up either.
what happen to their(carfashion) saying just bolt-up and go. no hood pins needed. lolz

mine bolted up without needing hood pins...

I did however get them just for the insurance...

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
RazoE;1206834 said:
mine bolted up without needing hood pins...

I did however get them just for the insurance...

you get the oem or stout replica?

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
i think the latch problems are mainly with the stout replica.
from what i seen, read and search, quite a few people are having latching problems with the stout replica hood.