Da89Soup's Summer Boat Build

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ok so I have been missing from the forum since about April. Well I have had a bunch going on. I keep getting PM's about how my car is coming ect ect. Well Its about time to fill those of you that love and miss me in on what I have been up to basicly since TX2k8.

I had a bunch of things to get done this summer because of my future plans. The first thing I needed to do was empty the storage unit I had about half a Supra in and put my car half assed back together and put what I couldnt bolt on to the outside in the empty shell of a car.

With that done I needed to fix my old Bronco and get it sold. No small feet at $4.00 per gallon BTW. I had not driven the Bronco in over a year and it was rusting very bad. The rear quarters had holes and so did the tailgate. I cut out all the rust metal and put in new ect ect..

After pictures before it sold!!!

p1077907_1.jpg

p1077907_2.jpg

So after the Bronco I needed to finish the boat I bought 2 years ago. I had intended to finish this last summer but with me working 6 days a week, moving, blowing up a Supra, and Ch2k7, I just ran out of time. For those of you that remember when I bought it I payed $150 for the boat because it was crap, had no reverse, and did not run.

A look back to when I got it!!!

p1077907_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1077907_4.jpg

Well turned out the previous owner never ran the gas out of the motor 8 years ago before he never used it again. So I pulled and cleaned the carbs and Vroom it ran great. I then rebuilt the lower unit with my father last winter and Whoo Hoooo I had a working engine. Ok so now I needed to fix the boat.

Step one was gut the boat and get the old rotten floor out.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Next I knew I needed to address the transom problem I was having.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

On to the stringers!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hey look I have a solid floor and transom!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ok so with the floor and transom in I needed to et the outside looking good.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hey look the Yellow on the boat matches our Xterra. How did I get so lucky???:biglaugh:

p1077907_5.jpg

I just used a single stage. I was afraid to do base clear because I thought it would look very obvious I painted it. The single stage came out great after I buffed the whole boat. It almost looks like it came Xterra sunburst yellow when new.:sarcasm::biglaugh:

Ok hold on for more dont post yet until I say im done.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No noob can tell me when I can and can't post on this forum.............:biglaugh:

What makes you think anyone on here missed you...........:sarcasm:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
On to the trailer!! Since I had the motor off it made taking the boat off the trailer easy. I took the boat and set it on some tires in my sister N laws garage. I then started on getting the three colors everything that was bad off the trailer. This is when I finished it!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1077924_1.jpg

Amazing what a Quart of rustoleum and a a cheep ass Harbor freight paint gun can do. I didnt want to use my good guns to paint rustoleum so I spent $14.99 at harbor freight. Not having to clean the gun when done, Priceless.:biglaugh:

Ok so now I needed some interior. I didnt take pictures of the install because I did the bases, carpet, and vinal in one 14 hour Saturday. Here is the end result.

p1077924_2.jpg

p1077924_3.jpg

p1077924_4.jpg

p1077924_5.jpg

I do have 4 seats for it but at the time of the pictures I had to still cut the pedestal for the last seat to fit the boat.

Hear is what it looks like after buffing, striping, wireing, and the engine back on.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1077924_6.jpg

I had some drill holes in the front from the previous owner so I had to get creative.

p1077924_7.jpg

Here is how the transom ended up. Solid as hell!! I used lag bolts to suck it back up and it worked great.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1077924_8.jpg

Well the time had come to see if all my hard work would pay off. My friend Fischer and I took the boat to a small lake about 35 miles from Fargo. Since the boat had not been on the water in over 10 year we kinda wondered if it would even float. Here is some video!!

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/da89soup/?action=view&current=2008_0625Random0169.flv

Still more coming!!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Well everything worked out great!! The boat did not sink and ran great. Here is one on the lake.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/da89soup/?action=view&current=2008_0625Random0172.flv

We have had the boat out several times now and it has been nothing but solid. I dont know why I put a builge pump in it because it takes in no water. I took my dad fishing last weekend and what a great time that was.

Ok so on to the Supra!! Everyone keeps sending me PM's so to answer your questions here it is.

p1077940_1.jpg

About the Supra!! I have been setting money every paycheck away for its second rebuild. I have about 4K in my Supra fund right now and I really dont plan on starting on it until after we buy a house and move soon. I really want to have about 10K in my Supra fund before I start. 10K is about half of what I plan to put in it. I promise the car will not disapoint when it is done. My plan is to make Chicago and Texas within the next couple of years to compete.

I am going to try to be on a little more now since I am sure Jay is lonely without me. My little girl is getting older and time with her is priceless. I am really focusing on being the best husband and father I can be now. Supra's and little projects are my passion but I am now putting my family first over SM or anything else.

BTW if you were wondering what I had into the boat when finished I had a little over $1100 into it and that includes buying the boat.

Oh you can post now!!!

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great job Ryan. If you have enough of the yellow paint left over, your supra would look sooo good that color...........:biglaugh:

I can't wait to see your supra finished and how well the torque is going to feel with the LS1 motor in it. Gotta go to work. See ya.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
suprahero;1078120 said:
Great job Ryan. If you have enough of the yellow paint left over, your supra would look sooo good that color...........:biglaugh:

I can't wait to see your supra finished and how well the torque is going to feel with the LS1 motor in it. Gotta go to work. See ya.

Yellow was kinda hard for me to paint!! I was kinda surprised it came out as well as it did because I had no idea I could paint any other color than Gay Blue.:icon_bigg

LS what?? I know nothing about LS anything but I might know a little something about 2J stuffes.

George I will be here more again now that I am mostly done with everything. I also really have nothing else to do now since we cant spend any money until we buy a house. Every purchase I make now needs to be preapproved by my own personal banker Lanette. Kinda sucks!! Good thing I am sleeping with the banker.:naughty::icon_bigg

Jay since you know how I feel about american engines in Supras here is a local Supra.
http://fargo.craigslist.org/car/750996066.html

I am going down to the Lakes this weekend and if I see this car driving around I am going to pull the owner out kick his ass, and put the car back to being a Toyota.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass;1078161 said:
Nice work Dude.
Thanks for the update too, we were worried sick.:)

Dave's been so worried about you Ryan, he hasn't had the heart to work on Milo's supra........:evil2:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I decided a long time ago that I am going to be done with SM when Dave finishes his car. Looks like I will be here forever!!!:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ryan, I think Dave has secretly parted out his other car and he used the money to support his drinking habit. Them banana milkshakes aren't cheap.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Sooo nice! Welcome back Ryan. :)

I didn't see much green in the decking... was it pressure treated plywood?

No Chicago this year? I'm 3/4 of the way through pulling my JDM pos, and will be crunching to install my new long block and get the whole thing running in time for the meet. Hopefully I'll make it; too bad you won't be there this year.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Curt- No green in the floor!! The original was not green treated so I figured it was good enough to last the time I own the boat. The boat is in my garage in the summer and at the farm in the pole barn over the winter so it wont ever see any water other than the very little lake water that comes out the plug after every use. I am only planning on keeping this boat until we have a house and my Supra is done. After that I am buying a brand new Glastron. My parents will have their lake house finished in the next few years and my plan is to have everything done and a new boat when they start living on the lake. As far as Chicago goes I am going to take this year off. Our only priority over the next year is a house so until that happens for us we are spending no money. I should be there again next year.

Ken- the 60 does push it through the water pretty good. It does about 25-30ish!! I am not setting any land speed records with it but it get us across the lake and can pull a skier/tuber.

Nate- I was going to introduce myself again but I figured I would just get flamed. Trust me no one wants to be friends with a Gay Blue NA Supra owner that was dumb enough to take a beautiful car all the way apart to the shell only to stop working on it.

Lately I have been such a big baby when it comes to Supras. I have been avoiding SM because I hate the fact I cant do a damn thing with my car because I promised my wife I would wait until after we get a house. Honestly every time I walk into my garage I just get sick looking at it. SM sucks because the more I am here the more I want to work on a car I cant work on. Yesterday I rented a storage unit for the Supra. This weekend I am going to take the car and all the parts I have and put them away until we get a house and I can start on the car again. I am hoping after I get everything Supra out of my garage I can move on with what needs to be done to get my family where we need to be. I am also hoping once I dont have to look at my mess of a Supra everyday I can stop being a big baby about it and start hanging out here more again. Anyway these are my own issues and I promise the car I am going to build will not disapoint.