cruise control button for launch control???

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
ok im going to install a launch control and i want the cruise control button on the left side of the steering wheel to be the activating switch. is the button able to perform this action and if so where is an easy place to splice into the wire. not sure where the cruise control computer is so not sure where the route of the wires are.

thanks in advance for info :1zhelp:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I like the idea, but you're going to need to look at the wiring diagram in the TSRM to see if it will even be possible. If you do this, may I suggest that you paint over the "CRUISE" lettering, then label button with "AWESOME"? ;)

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Poodles;1834855 said:
The main switch MIGHT be able to be used for that as it's simple continuity. The other switches won't as they're resistance based.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=BE&P=81

ya the main one on the left side

#04;1834917 said:
headlight washer button?

dont haz one

te72;1834994 said:
I like the idea, but you're going to need to look at the wiring diagram in the TSRM to see if it will even be possible. If you do this, may I suggest that you paint over the "CRUISE" lettering, then label button with "AWESOME"? ;)

letters are gone anyway ;)

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Jayhall;1834837 said:
sorry this isnt really going to help but, fuck yea I like where your head is at

thanks ha, i wanna keep the interior factory has possible, but finding a place to install 4 gauges will be hard

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
kotu100;1836915 said:
What about the buttons on the 89 steering wheel? Not the stalk control on the 90+.

They operate the same.

Pre-89 is different because the main switch for it is on the dash.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
IMAG0001.jpg

this button on this steering wheel you crazies! will play with a voltimeter and track down the right wire this wee..... actually no, im going out of town this weekend, ill find the right wire when i get a chance :icon_razz

but im buying my meth kit before i buy this launch control module.