Crankcase vent kit

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
our crankcase is already vented into the intake....which is a good thing....what exactly do you want and or need....you need to be more specific as to what you want and what you want it to do and why....

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Toyota makes a good one and they went ahead and installed it on your car for you...

There is also a good thread on installing a catch can, if that is really what you are after. It is in the Refernece/Tech Tips section.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I know of no preassembled kits for anything to do with crankcase ventilation.

I want a pump driven system.... just for the hell of it.

KpSupra

Jan 17, 2008
Trussville, Al.
My builder tested the crankcase pressure and said it is too high and that it is causing oil leaks. He's a knowledgable guy and builds stock and race engines for a living, so I feel like he knows what he is talking about.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
KpSupra;1115807 said:
My builder tested the crankcase pressure and said it is too high and that it is causing oil leaks. He's a knowledgable guy and builds stock and race engines for a living, so I feel like he knows what he is talking about.

couldnt that be because your rings are worn? or seals are bad?

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Then you've got bigger problems. There are people here making tons of power without beefing up the stock system. Look up "blow by". ;)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
then something is restricting the crankcase from venting...

check the pipe connecting the head and block for blockage as well as the rest of the PCV system

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
We're not guessing. The pressure's coming from somewhere and it's NOT normal. Something's (most likely) wrong with your build or the PCV system's been deleted or is clogged.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
so a direct upgrade for you is to make the stock vent system larger :D cheap and very effective.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
actually, if you people go look, most people that are making big power are running much larger crankcase vents then stock(moddified valve covers). if i were you id plug the tb pcv port and the one on the turbo inlet and have larger fittings installed on the valve covers and run filters right on the covers. that should solve it. most these guys have prolly never pulled the oil cap off for a dyno run and watch how much pressure is there even on a perfect running and selaing stock engine with exhaust intake and upped boost.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
williamb82;1115920 said:
actually, if you people go look, most people that are making big power are running much larger crankcase vents then stock(moddified valve covers). if i were you id plug the tb pcv port and the one on the turbo inlet and have larger fittings installed on the valve covers and run filters right on the covers. that should solve it. most these guys have prolly never pulled the oil cap off for a dyno run and watch how much pressure is there even on a perfect running and selaing stock engine with exhaust intake and upped boost.

that's a horrid idea!!! Very few if anybody here runs filters on the valve covers...how are you going to get vacume if you do that.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
gaboonviper85;1115932 said:
that's a horrid idea!!! Very few if anybody here runs filters on the valve covers...how are you going to get vacume if you do that.

your kidding me right? you do realise vacume is generated from the intake manifold as the pistons pull down on the intake stroke and the valves close before they come back up. the crankcase is never under vacum unles you have a drysump or a vac pump specifically for the crancase.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
you want vacuum to evacuate the crankcase vapors (which are generally quite corrosive). This is the whole "positive" part in the acronym PCV.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
williamb82;1115949 said:
your kidding me right? you do realise vacume is generated from the intake manifold as the pistons pull down on the intake stroke and the valves close before they come back up. the crankcase is never under vacum unles you have a drysump or a vac pump specifically for the crancase.

you fail!!!.....the valve covers are vented into the intake just behind the throttle body...with that system it keeps your whole engine/crank case under vacume pressure....you want vacume in the crank case as it vents gasses and helps keep oil INSIDE the motor and turbo.

This has not a damn thing to do with valves as the vent system is compleatly seperate...if you put filters on your valve covers and don't keep your block under vacume pressure say hello to oil leaks and blown turbo seals....EVERYONE on this forum who knows wtf they are doing and are pushing serious #'s have the valve covers plumbed into the intake or exhaust or have an external pump...nobody runs those stupid filters accept maybe n/a people but still stupid...you need more study and less bullshit.

KpSupra

Jan 17, 2008
Trussville, Al.
Sorry for the extra post. I don't have a PVC system. When I bought the motor for the transplant, it did not have the cover that went across the back of the head. I just blocked off the two holes. Could that be a problem?