Cool/Rare parts thread?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
SupraOfDoom;1532124 said:
Yes he does. That pre-89 blinker cover is the only one I've ever seen for sale ever. I think he got it from Toypro who had a really nice MK3.

I miss the true old-school guys like Toypro. I'd like to see what they're all doing now.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Not that these are "rare" but they are very unique. I redid my entire interior including the factory Recaro seats. To the best of my knowledge, there arent any other blue ones around. Who says blue cant be sexy :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
csnow;1532192 said:
Not that these are "rare" but they are very unique. I redid the entire interior including the factory Recaro seats. To the best of my knowledge, there arent any other blue ones around. Who says blue cant be sexy :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg
Woah those are sexy! Didn't you buy your set of Recaro's from me? Those were mine!?!

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
SupraOfDoom;1532203 said:

I know you really love the MKIII (more than most) and you have collected alot of parts over the years. If I recall, you were having some financial difficutly that forced you to sell them at the time. At least you can know they went to a good home and were restored to new condition.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Those seats are awesome, definitely one of a kind.
closetnerd;1531751 said:
What exactly are the targa braces mounting to?
In the rear they are mounted to the 2 bolts that hold the rear Targa mounting brackets to the roof, had to notch and recover the rear headliner to make it work. The front uses bolts that thread into the Targa roof panel. When the top is off, I use black cap nut.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
csnow;1532208 said:
I know you really love the MKIII (more than most) and you have collected alot of parts over the years. If I recall, you were having some financial difficutly that forced you to sell them at the time. At least you can know they went to a good home and were restored to new condition.

Yeah that's very cool. I'm impressed.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
HIDPLANET;1532224 said:
Have blue recaros in mine as well (not recovered)
p1532274_1.jpg

I think yours have been recovered. The Recaro is in the wrong location. The TTR seats had the stitching in the middle section of the seat. Mine were done like the originals...see below.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
92nsx;1530365 said:
That is about all that has been done. Just mock up. I have seen the tooling to make them, the plastic and metal prototypes of his FFIM, but the casting plant wanted way to much $$$$$ to cast them. The story kind of goes like this cliff notes ;
Lots of steam at first( R&D), tooling is done, prototype(s) done, casting plant wants too much $$$$ to cast them, loosing interest since they would be in 2K+$$$ range (supra owners are cheap asses and wont spend that kind of cash), looking around for new casting plant, Greg & family had some health issues.

Yes that and also because no one is willing to pay 2 grand + for an Intake manifold.........

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Mine are the original material in blue, they just never came this way on the Supra TT-R seats which mine are not. Just hard to come by blue Recarro in the same color as the Toyota Blue interior. Recaro had lots of different style seats with logos in different places.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
HIDPLANET;1532313 said:
Mine are the original material in blue, they just never came this way on the Supra TT-R seats which mine are not. Just hard to come by blue Recarro in the same color as the Toyota Blue interior. Recaro had lots of different style seats with logos in different places.

Looks like the VW / BMW version of the Recaro's. Very nice!

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
HIDPLANET;1532313 said:

Sorry about that, I thought you were saying that yours came out of a Supra....my bad.