confusing overheating issue!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
jdmfreak;1698386 said:
[/COLOR]the other odd thing is that with one of those bleeder funnel things on it got up to operating temp but my heater never got warm water level kept going up and down heater hoses in the back of the engine bay were warm def not hot and i have the heater valve to straight vac.... pulled off the line and blew through it. it was definately open. turned off electric fans started boiling in the funnel out the radiator turned fans back on stopped boiling cooled right back down

yup
It was my hg tho...
Sent from my C771

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
mkiiichip;1813714 said:
^Then why is there a valve, to shut off coolant flow to the heater core, when its not needed? Just sayin.....

the way that system works.

The VSV lets the engine pull the valve open after a certain temp which is controlled by the TCCS.
If the valve is open, coolant is always flowing through the heater core (qualifiers; unless the heater core or that subsystem is clogged).

The only time this is an exception is

1. Engine off (no vacuum to pull valve open).
2. VSV is powered off, there by allowing no vacuum to pull valve open. (this can be done by unplugging the VSV frmo harness thereby leaving heater core valve in the off position)

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
nrdriver;1813685 said:
just puttin in my two cents. in my experience. no heater and overheating because of a blockage is caused be a clogged heater core. the core doesnt get hot so you have no hot air for the heater. with the heater core being blocked your coolant isnt circulating. only been a mechanic for ten years lol

Crack me up.

figgie;1813849 said:
...The VSV lets the engine pull the valve open after a certain temp which is controlled by the TCCS.

Nope. Guess again.

Lots of fail in this thread...

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
planemos;1814745 said:
LOL wow I can't believe it took 8 pages to mention the heater core. I wonder if it was pulled out and checked? LOL
... its not The problem ... y would the heater core cause it to overheat???? If that were the case everyone would overheat when they turned their heaters off during the summer

Sent from my C771

And to answer your question....its clear

Status
Not open for further replies.