Compatible parts from other Toyotas...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
RazoE;1051963 said:
bvsv's are interchangeable between alot of Toyota models.

Yeah pretty basic device, I've got four here from different Toyotas. I haven't tested them, but I'd be surprised if they didn't all open at around the same temp.

RazoE;1051963 said:
I've also heard window switches are compatible with the 4th gen Celica..

Perhaps with the 89+. I didn't look at the wiring, but even if it is compatible the pre89's would have to swap the trim piece around their stock switches out.

VSV's!!! Very simple component and Toyota is VERY proud of them! If you make sure you know how they flow and when you can make most VSVs from most auto manufacturers work in place of most of ours.... mostly. ;)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
My windows seems plenty fast for me, It's open to closed in about 2 seconds?
Don't need much faster unless you're in an area that gets flash flooding with split second warning.
"If you're waking, eating, and honking in 3 seconds, you're booking yourself too tight."

I like the RedGreen solution.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
My driver's side moves about twice the speed it was. It was about 5 or 6 seconds from full open to closed, now it's probably just under three. Moves about a third faster than my passenger window... that used to be the "fast" one. ;)

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
annoyingrob;1052104 said:
Do they have the auto down/up switches too? If so, I'm hitting up the junkyard next week, and modding in dual auto switches into my Supra.

Your current 89+ can do auto up AND down. On the window button itself, you will find a little plastic tab that you can brake off with your fingers. Ta-da, auto up and down. I just did this trick on my car since the button for "up" was broken completely off. I credit Allen, aka mk3forme for sharing this trick!

I like this thread. It should become a sticky.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
jetjock;1051522 said:
Not sure if it'll help but the EPC notes what parts are common to other models.

As for window speed that's simple. In the interest of safety I'll keep it to myself though ;)

We're all grown-ups here. For the most part. :) Unless you got that sucker going up in .351 seconds or somethin'. Then I can see your point.

PrinceChip;1051956 said:
the whole thing about the faster power windows reminds me of this clip about custom power windows....

RedGreen is classic! Lots of great solutions for modding vehicles of all kinds. Personal favorites include the pick-up truck with the driver's seat in the bed so he can wave at the girls, and the 4-door sedan that had a boat trailer hitch welded between the two front seats so it would be easier to back down the launch ramp.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
annoyingrob;1052104 said:
I'm hitting up the junkyard next week, and modding in dual auto switches into my Supra.

If you mean yu want to install the driver;s side of two switches so you've got auto up and down on both sides you'll naad to install an aftermarket controller. Pull out the stocker and you'll see what I mean. There's no room for that kind of hack job.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ZoomZoomZoom;1052117 said:
Your current 89+ can do auto up AND down. On the window button itself, you will find a little plastic tab that you can brake off with your fingers. Ta-da, auto up and down.
I know. I want a source for a 2nd switch so I can install one for the passenger window.

CRE;1052216 said:
If you mean yu want to install the driver;s side of two switches so you've got auto up and down on both sides you'll naad to install an aftermarket controller. Pull out the stocker and you'll see what I mean. There's no room for that kind of hack job.
Yeah, I wanted to install two driver's side switches. The wiring's the easy part, I can install a 2nd stock controller for the 2nd window. As long as I can physically fit both switches into the switch assembly, I can wire it.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
CRE;1051158 said:
I'll see your nozzles and raise you a newer Buick. Newer Buicks and many other GM vehicles have those but the mount to the wiper arm and most salvage yards will give them to you for free. ;)

I had these type of nozzles on my chevy tahoe. They sucked in the wintertime, always icing up. But who drives their supra in the winter? :naughty:

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
annoyingrob;1052523 said:
As long as I can physically fit both switches into the switch assembly, I can wire it.

You can't. You're saying that you want the left switch portion of two master switch assemblies to cram into the driver side window switch area, right? No can do... have you even looked at the master switch assembly?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
CRE;1052670 said:
You can't. You're saying that you want the left switch portion of two master switch assemblies to cram into the driver side window switch area, right? No can do... have you even looked at the master switch assembly?

No I have not. With that being said, I do have a RHD assembly, which is backwards from LHD ones.

Damn, now I'm curious. I must make this work just to prove people wrong.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yeah... good luck with that. :nono:

Seriously, with the amount of work that would be involved to merge two master window switches, relocate the release coils (or whatever they call them) and build a custom circuit to make it all fit, you're better off spending $30 on one of the more than readily available after market control units that are made for precisely what you want.

Hell, the retrofit that SupraDupra came up with using a couple special control modules from certain year Mitsu Montero's makes more sense.

Take your spare apart and have a look.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I took a brake master cylinder off a 88 supra and put it on my 84 toyota 4runner, bolted up sweet and gave me better brakes.:icon_bigg
found heaps of stuff i couldve swapped over between the two but forgot most of them now.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I have heard that the larger/Deeper Auto Tranny fluid pan from certian yr Landcrusers will bolt up. Obviously this will allow more fluid to keep things cooler. I just haven't found which
model is a direct replacement.

Anyone know of interchangeable wiper motors? Mine works but is slow compared to newer cars.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I have heard that the larger/Deeper Auto Tranny fluid pan from certian yr Landcrusers will bolt up. Obviously this will allow more fluid to keep things cooler. I just haven't found which
model is a direct replacement.

Anyone know of interchangeable wiper motors? Mine works but is slow compared to newer cars.