Compatible parts from other Toyotas...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, I know that some parts fit our cars or can be made to fit with minimal effort... does anyone know of a model with compatible window regulator tracks? Such as perhaps older Celicas.

Feel feel free to use this thread to compile other OEM Toyota parts which are compatible with our cars as well.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
ViR2;1050808 said:
yes, they are compatible with 4gen Celica ;)

I was REALLY hoping someone would say that. There's a salvage yard a few miles from here with a bunch of those. THANKS!

hvyman;1050822 said:
what about window motors to make the window go up faster?

I don't know. Wouldn't mind it myself. I presume our window motors use a gear box? If so, it might be possible to rework it.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
tekdeus;1051005 said:
I'd love to know how to do this. Maybe some kind of voltage booster circuit or module would work to speed up the existing motor?

I take it you never got your hand stuck in a power window...it hurts.....it hurts very bad!!!

You gonna cuts yo fingas off foo!

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I'll see your nozzles and raise you a newer Buick. Newer Buicks and many other GM vehicles have those but the mount to the wiper arm and most salvage yards will give them to you for free. ;)

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, i went a pulled a regulator. I was thinking about the whole quicker window thing and two things occurred to me: old motor, added resistance on the old track just do to wear, and the preload spring!

I suspect that a newer motor, lubing up the tracks and/or replacing as needed and tightening up or replacing the preload/assistance spring would help things move a bit quicker. The regulator and motor I pulled are from the last of the Gen 4 Celicas (round headlights) so we'll see if a newer motor helps.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I was only point out a couple solutions which would speed it up to something within specs when it was new.

Homer, I HIGHLY doubt over powering the motor is the key. If anything there may be an inhibitor.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
jetjock;1051522 said:
Not sure if it'll help but the EPC notes what parts are common to other models.

As for window speed that's simple. In the interest of safety I'll keep it to myself though ;)

Would you be kind enough to PM me with your idea, since I don't have children? My windows are quite slow, even with well-lubed tracks.

DegreE

Banned
Jan 11, 2008
Memphis & Miami
jetjock;1051548 said:
Can't transform DC hommer. Nice try though.

Tek: Sorry, no can do but I'll give you a hint: How does your starter motor work?

A selinoid kicks the little gear as it spins onto the flywheel and turns the engine?

I don't get it.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i think some celicas and mr2s use the same head light motors. i cant remember what year celica i got headlight motors out of though. i see if i can find out though.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kenne Belle boost-a-pump. Feed 17v to the motors. That'll make them go up faster.

You can't transform straight DC, but you can use a pulsed DC signal through a transformer, then rectify and filter it at the other end.

toymods has a GIANT thread on interchangeable toyota parts for a ton of vehicles. They call it the "Toyota Interchangeable oddities" thread or something.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, what i was asking about is not compatible with 4th Gen Celicas.... I needed the tracks, not the motor. I got the track this morning at a salvage yard... ugh. Then I spent several hours at my father-in-law's trying to get the Celica tracks modded and drilling mounting holes in my door to mount them... The I find that they're off by enough that I didn't see the difference but fully up the window is still open 1.5" and when dropped all the way it sits at an angle and the window peaks up past the weather strip about 3/4"... Not concerned about it sticking up, but I needed it to close.

So then, having no alternative I ended up getting EXTREMELY creative and rebuilt the rails made my own rollers to replace the two which had disintegrated and so on...

Miserable day.

On the up side the MOTOR is compatible and a newer motor makes a HUGE difference! So I kept the newer motor in the car.