Code 34

itscarlitos

Oct 16, 2012
la mirada
Check engine light came on and checked the codes
I got a 52, 71, and 34
I am not really worried about the 52 or 71
But the 34 is scaring me a little bit
34 is something about turbocharger pressure I assumed it was because I just recently Installed a divorced down pipe
But now I am thinking it is something else...
When get on the gas hard it seems normal boosting 12 psi and accelerating
But when I bring the boost up to around 5-9 psi I won't accelerate and my turbo starts to sound like it is skipping or something, I know that's not good but I'm wondering if that is what the code 34 is all about

If you have any knowledge on what is happening or what I should do I would really appreciate it!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
itscarlitos;1921305 said:
I am not really worried about the 52 or 71
But when I bring the boost up to around 5-9 psi I won't accelerate and my turbo starts to sound like it is skipping or something, I know that's not good but I'm wondering if that is what the code 34 is all about

Clear the codes. Pull the EFI fuse for 30 seconds then drive it. Your information does not add up. The biggest issue is the 52, and the PCM will operate in a safe mode with reduced timing and a richer mixture. It might be an old code, as you haven't indicated that problem driving. Unless you are leaving it out, and that wouldn't be the first time on this board.

34 will halt injection until the airflow meter reading drops. That only takes a moment.

itscarlitos

Oct 16, 2012
la mirada
So clearing the codes will me a more accurate reading of my codes?
I think imma try that cause when I checked the codes my car wasn't warmed up imma do it right this time
Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Car doesn't need to be warm to check for codes.

If you clear the codes and drive if the problem is not fixed they will come back.