Cobra Wheels on a Supra???

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reiketsukan;1463547 said:
Thanks! But I know for certain they're aluminum ;)

I should head out to the garage (her winter home) and just measure the rims from the inside :icon_razz That'll settle it!

EDIT: I went out and measured.... both fronts and rears are 9" wide for certain!

Well yes you are right they are polished aluminum if they are factory 2001 cobra rims but since you say they are 9" in width then they must be aftermarket, because they came from the factory as 17x8"s. Nonetheless they look good on your car.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
mattsplat72;1463094 said:
I am sorry if I came across as a Douche Bag. I did not intend on my statements to be taken as a personal attack on anyone or anyones car. I only ment to state an opinion. With that said I still do not like the thought of putting something on my car just because it is cheap and easy to get. It has taking me years to get my car the way it is. I strive to find things that are hard to get or find.

On and for the record I never bashed anyone's car or otherwise. I mearly pointed out that it seemed typicaltotake the easiest and cheapist wayto achieve an end and Bleck is the sound you make when you taste something you dont like.

Some people actually enjoy driving their supras....maybe even year round like myself....some live in areas with shit roads and on street parking....no way in hell am I buying $3000 wheels as I live in philly....no way am I gonna rock saw blades over mustang wheels...

Your logic is flawed and frankly quite retarded as obviously you don't look at the big picture! I'd rather rock wheels that are half presentable and can be found in a fucking junkyard then to curb a $1500 rim...

Alot of us can afford awesome rare shit...but alot of us can only afford it once...most don't want to risk it on a car we actually drive!

So now that we listened to your ranting about how you don't like to cheap out, how's about you show us your wheels and all the hard to get shit you have on your supra! Put your money where your mouth is.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
gaboonviper85;1463799 said:
Some people actually enjoy driving their supras....maybe even year round like myself....some live in areas with shit roads and on street parking....no way in hell am I buying $3000 wheels as I live in philly....no way am I gonna rock saw blades over mustang wheels...

Your logic is flawed and frankly quite retarded as obviously you don't look at the big picture! I'd rather rock wheels that are half presentable and can be found in a fucking junkyard then to curb a $1500 rim...

Alot of us can afford awesome rare shit...but alot of us can only afford it once...most don't want to risk it on a car we actually drive!

So now that we listened to your ranting about how you don't like to cheap out, how's about you show us your wheels and all the hard to get shit you have on your supra! Put your money where your mouth is.

Relax.

Whether you think Matt's response is flawed or retarded, it is HIS opinion.

As far as Stang rims, not my style either, but it is different and what makes each and everyone's car unique.

Duane

ben42391

Aug 20, 2009
Greenwood
I think I just wanted to see cobra rims on supras lol

Lots of great looking cars
does anyone have 03/04 cobra wheels satin or chrome?

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
I will have a set of the 94-98 satin cobra's on my supra this week and can get you a pic of those. There is def a guy on here with the chrome cobras, if he doesnt post up I will see if i can find it later tonight for you. They look good.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
roundfinger;1463780 said:
Well yes you are right they are polished aluminum if they are factory 2001 cobra rims but since you say they are 9" in width then they must be aftermarket, because they came from the factory as 17x8"s. Nonetheless they look good on your car.

It's very very possible that they are aftermarket for all I know. All I can say for sure is that they're aluminum and what my tape measure told me! And, thank you!

Poodles;1463784 said:
The "aftermarket" cobra wheels are usually made by the people that make them for Ford ;)

Good to know!

gaboonviper85;1463799 said:
How's about you show us your wheels and all the hard to get shit you have on your supra! Put your money where your mouth is.

X2, just out of curiosity!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, i should really say the ones left making them as many of the knock offs got sued IIRC... (though I'm surprised Ford didn't get sued for using the torq-thrust design)

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
+1 for mustang rims, even though most people dont reckonize them.
Idk the year range but there saleen rims. I havent checked rear width yet.
p1464386_1.jpg

bhg_mkiii

el_boricua_luny
Nov 7, 2009
mi
nice....i was gonna put a set of cobra r rims on my dads 97 mustang but after seeing these pics i think im gonna throw them on my supra

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Xx 87supra t xX;1462164 said:
Here is my car Cobra r rims 17x9 front and back with good spacing.

picture.php

picture.php

Any idea what those wheels weigh? Im interested in these but im worried about the weight, the cars enough of a pig already, i dont want 30lbs+tires hanging off the spindles.