Cobra Wheels on a Supra???

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mattsplat72;1462773 said:
Don't want opinions then don't put your shit out there to be commented on. I don't like cross manufacture swaps. I dont like LS motors in supras. I dont like JZ's into 240 swaps. I don't like what I don't like. So what you got into a calender BFD.

iMHO You could have gotten MK4 TT rims and had a better look for the same price.

You are aware that most OEM wheels are made by the same few companies? Ray's and Enkei top that list...

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
There is nothing wrong with putting Mustang rims on a supra IMO. Just put different center caps.
And there is no comparison lookswise between Cobra rims and MK4 Supra rims. Mk4 rims are about as boring looking as it gets.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
mattsplat72;1462773 said:
iMHO You could have gotten MK4 TT rims and had a better look for the same price.

This is hilarious... You think getting stock TT rims for a MK III ISN'T "typical of a MK III owner", where getting Mustang rims IS... I'd bet my left nut that more MK III owners have TT rims than my style of svt rims.

MRSUPRA;1462813 said:
Mk4 rims are about as boring looking as it gets.

X2

And as for opinions, if you can't convey them without being an ass, you should probably keep them to yourself. This thread was made to find examples of people with Mustang rims on their Supra, not whether or not you like them. You saw the title of the thread and realized it covered something you don't like, but instead of just finding something you DO like, you decided to click on it and start being all freaking negative...

If you don't like what you see, don't look! Pretty simple!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Yes, I am aware of that fact as it is the typical goto argument in these threads. Blah blah motor made by yamaha and designed in germany. Blah blah blah geo is a toyota blah blah. It does not negate the opinion that putting cheap ass oem rims form one car onto a different car that is not of the same brand is lame. You can split hairs as long as you want.

Oh but nice attempt Poodles.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I love the fact that these fit well and have the proper width, instead of the wheels youll see most guys get for style and suffice with a 7" width. Its great to see these wheels because of how flooded our mk3 is with the mk4 wheels just to get a low cost wide width alternative.

Not everything has to cost 4 figures to be made well, look good. This is a hobby for most people and I know If I went out and spent 4k on ccws all that would change is I would be that much more pissed when they get road rash or stolen.

Thats said, anymore pictures?

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
FullNelson;1462931 said:
I love the fact that these fit well and have the proper width, instead of the wheels youll see most guys get for style and suffice with a 7" width. Its great to see these wheels because of how flooded our mk3 is with the mk4 wheels just to get a low cost wide width alternative.

Not everything has to cost 4 figures to be made well, look good. This is a hobby for most people and I know If I went out and spent 4k on ccws all that would change is I would be that much more pissed when they get road rash or stolen.

That said, anymore pictures?

Well said!! I have a few more if you want to see them!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I am sorry if I came across as a Douche Bag. I did not intend on my statements to be taken as a personal attack on anyone or anyones car. I only ment to state an opinion. With that said I still do not like the thought of putting something on my car just because it is cheap and easy to get. It has taking me years to get my car the way it is. I strive to find things that are hard to get or find.

On and for the record I never bashed anyone's car or otherwise. I mearly pointed out that it seemed typicaltotake the easiest and cheapist wayto achieve an end and Bleck is the sound you make when you taste something you dont like.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
redhot91gt;1462968 said:
:werd:

You have 99/01 chrome cobra rims right? Are they 8 inches wide?

I don't really know what year they're off of, but they're polished aluminum and 9 inches wide in the back, I believe,
and the center caps said 'SVT' before I painted them. I didn't get a chance to measure them before I put them on to get rid of my sawblades lol.

Here's a few more pics for those who asked!

1zr2lqv.jpg

2rx86qp.jpg

s1nm6t.jpg

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reiketsukan;1463244 said:
I don't really know what year they're off of, but they're polished aluminum and 9 inches wide in the back, I believe,
and the center caps said 'SVT' before I painted them. I didn't get a chance to measure them before I put them on to get rid of my sawblades lol.

Good looking car and those chrome cobra rims look good on there, anything almost is an improvement over sawblades. I'd love to find a set of mkiv tt rims for a few hundred bucks near me but they arent easy to find. If anyone in the florida panhandle wants to trade me theirs for some cobra or gt rims and maybe cash let me know.

Stock the 99/01 cobra rims are only 8" wide and didnt come staggered.

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Reiketsukan;1463244 said:

Here's a few more pics for those who asked!
Yeah im pretty sure they are 99/01's. Unfortunately they should be 8 inches, Atleast my 99 cobra's were. But I didnt have a problem fitting 275's on the rear with very little buldge.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
roundfinger;1463315 said:
Good looking car and those chrome cobra rims look good on there...

Thanks! But I know for certain they're aluminum ;)

I should head out to the garage (her winter home) and just measure the rims from the inside :icon_razz That'll settle it!

EDIT: I went out and measured.... both fronts and rears are 9" wide for certain!

Last edited:

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Justin727;1463419 said:
Hmm not too bad. Guess I could give my new 370Z rays engineering 19's a new home. 19x10 in the rear

Photo's immediately please!...OR BAN!!! lol! Those 370's are nice cars! Too much $$$ for my low budget though!:(

Justin727

T-virus infected
well they dont have tires on them as of now. I did get some take off tires for the front gotta mount them on the wheels.

They were replaced under warranty. They thought the paint was peeling. Was some road grime. Cleamed them up and they're as good as new. Guess thats 1 good thing about working at nissan

2009nismo370z2.jpg

Thats what they look like