Cobra Wheels on a Supra???

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've seen them on supras, but I don't have any pictures of them. If you're talking about the chrome ones that is. I think they look o.k., but I think there are better looking choices out there.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
I have a set of the 99-04 17" non bullitt GT wheels on my 86.5 and a set of 94-97 cobra rims in the garage that I may eventually put on. here is 87witmooreboost's good looking car.
DSC04469.JPG

DSC04529.JPG

I think there is also a guy with a set of chrome cobras on his on here as well.
There are better rim choices, but price wise you can usually get mustang rims cheap. I got 4 gt rims and tires (almost brand new tread) for 120 to delivered to my door.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
As already shown, yep they fit and lots of em are very cheap. Spacing might not be perfect on em all though and the 10" wide ones might not fit...

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
gt, cobra, all the same pattern. to answer your question yes they will fit. i have seen the gt rims on one before, looks hideous. the cobra's looks outstanding though.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
buy the ones i have, i luv them
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

they are cobra replicas, 18 x 9 in the front 18 x 10 in the back fits perfect no rubbing no fender rolling nothing, Dropped on eibach springs but im about to go even lower soon.

here is my boys stock cobra wheels as well

sm_photo_missing.jpg

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Just a FYI typically mustang GT rims are usually 8 inches wide. Cobra rims can come in all different kinds of sizes. Most OEM cobra wheels are either 8 or 9 inches wide. The most popular cobra rim is the 95 cobra r wheel which is usualy 9 inches wide. Offsets are usually somwhere in the mid 20s on the 9 inch wheels. They fit pretty good. Fair warning though, some mustang haters moan when you put them on your supra.

I have Mustang fr500 wheels on my car(with same offsets as 03-04 cobra rims) Got them new for less than 300 shipped.
fr5001.jpg

fr5002.jpg

Last edited:

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
ben42391;1462468 said:
I think I want the 94-95 Cobra wheels they look great:icon_bigg

If it was worth it to ship them and i didnt think i want to use them myself i would sell you the "pony" capped satin finish 94-95 version i have in the garage.

the 94-98 style has a few different sub-versions.
94-95 cobra has the exposed lug nuts through the center cap - most are polished that i have seen
there is a 94-97 gt version that has pony caps and is just a satin finish.
there is a satin with black accents on the inside
and of course chrome.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
I've got polished aluminum SVT Cobra rims on my Supra and they fit fantastic.

qzncdc.jpg

My rear tires are 275/40/ZR17 and I'm lowered 1.5 inches. No rubbing whatsoever!

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
redhot91gt;1462498 said:
I have Mustang fr500 wheels on my car(with same offsets as 03-04 cobra rims) Got them new for less than 300 shipped.
img0367xf.jpg

img0373ww.jpg

Can you PM me where you purchased yours and what exact sizes you have...offsets and whatnot. I've been looking into these for some time and they seem to be a great alternative to $2k+ wheels when your looking for a nice large width to get some traction with high HP applications.

Thx. rm.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
mattsplat72;1462581 said:
Bleck. they may look "good" but it just seems cheap and typical MKIII ownerish. Take the cheapist and easiest way.

My "cheap" rims got into the 2010 MKIII calender so they can't look that damn "bleck", whatever that means...

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
FYI, I believe there is a dispute between wheel makers and Ford going on right now, so Mustang replica rims are no longer available. I tried to order some rims just like Queenskid has, and they no longer sell them. Tried two different places..

Correct me if I'm wrong.

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Reiketsukan;1462643 said:
My "cheap" rims got into the 2010 MKIII calender so they can't look that damn "bleck", whatever that means...
Yeah, your wheels look great man. I dont think they look cheap at all. If they didnt have the mustang tag to them he probably would say otherwise. Ofcoarse everyone has their opinions...

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Don't want opinions then don't put your shit out there to be commented on. I don't like cross manufacture swaps. I dont like LS motors in supras. I dont like JZ's into 240 swaps. I don't like what I don't like. So what you got into a calender BFD.

iMHO You could have gotten MK4 TT rims and had a better look for the same price.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
MRSUPRA;1462735 said:
FYI, I believe there is a dispute between wheel makers and Ford going on right now, so Mustang replica rims are no longer available. I tried to order some rims just like Queenskid has, and they no longer sell them. Tried two different places..

Correct me if I'm wrong.

really? dam i was gonna sell mines to a friend and re order them in black smh, thanks for the info, i love these rims, if i couldnt get them again i would be tight, Now i have even more incentive to send these out to a local wheel refinish company and have them increase the rear lip even more now lol.

Thanks for the info.