Clutch Pedal comes up too far b4 engaging

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
is there an issue with to much freeplay? at the pedal im at about .5-.70 of an inch. will this hurt anything?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hmm, well mine disengages pretty much instantly and engages when the petal is pretty much at the top like 3 inches before it reaches resting point.

This bad? Do I have to much "preload"???/

I don't grind gears but it is really different than my NA, my na engaged/disengaged like 1/2 way point.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Freeplay is that part where you start pushing and it feels like there's no resistance. It's easier to feel if you do it with your hand, but yes if there is preload you're inviting premature clutch failure.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
alot easier to feel with your hand. take one fingere and jab the pedal until you feel resistance. to much is very annoying indeed!

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
V8hntr;1113045 said:
I searched all the threads but no one has the same issue as mine. My clutch pedal was going to the floor I found out the slave leaks. So I replaced my master/slave clutch lines bled the entire system and everything is nice except the clutch pedal comes up too far before the clutch engages. It goes into every gear just fine, never slips it's just that even if I press the clutch in like 2 inches it starts to disengage so during shifts there is no need to press the pedal in all the way. Any one?

if your salve is leaking it will break soon just replace it and then adjust accordingly under the dash.

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
92TealSupra;1122131 said:
if your salve is leaking it will break soon just replace it and then adjust accordingly under the dash.

Yes sir, I replaced it and used SS lines. Now it works fine. The labor under the dash is very tough.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Highnitro;1117802 said:
my friend has this same problem in his car, he thinks its because he is using a w58 master cylinder on an r154. what tranny do u have and which master cylinder?

they are the same master cylinder same part #'s different slave cylinders.

i hate squeezing under the dash :( i got it working and never looked back no matter how much i hate shifting.. heh