Clear front side markers

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
those german ones are for the front..?

I don't know, I'd rather have the frosted look (even though I just bought some diamond cut rear side markers and put some red LED's in there...bright as hell!:D)

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
RazoE;1091036 said:
those german ones are for the front..?

I don't know, I'd rather have the frosted look (even though I just bought some diamond cut rear side markers and put some red LED's in there...bright as hell!:D)

They say they're for the front, so who knows...could be the rears being marketed as fronts. For $115 a set, I'm not going to find out. I have the Wolfie clear bubble lenses to put on, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus, I've got the diamond rear markers and the diamond front bumper lights....frosted bubble markers would look slightly out of place...

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
They say that the lights will fit. It's a simple bolt in solution.

Anyway, the european supras didn't come with the rear markers. So no point in marketing those here.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I have removed the old lens off of mine and am getting ready to head to the auto parts and pick up some chrome paint, bulbs, and the Loctite 595 (or equivalent) shown in the write up.

If I can't find that Loctite, can anyone else suggest something that they've used that WON'T come off after curing? I'd hate to lose one of these during re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere.

Okay, I was kidding with the last part, but you know what I mean;-)

Frosted, diamond-cut, whatever... these are great!! Thanx again Wolfie. I'm not worried about anyone being that close to tell the difference. Car's black and I already have the clear front turn signals, so the amber front markers were very out-of-place.

Last edited:

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Loctite 595 is just clear silicone rubber. I used this first as any residue can be easily cleaned off the outside when cured. However this does not give the best bond strength.

I would suggest some sort of 2 part epoxy - very hard to find in clear they are mostly opaque(as is the silicone). You will need a very thin bead round the edge and tape the lens in position until cured.

Those German units look very good, but the price reflects the cost of very limited production numbers in manufacturing terms.

I've been offerd a pair of US style flat units by a German guy to make a mould for these - will keep you posted of developments :naughty:

May 18, 2007
Aarhus

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yep! I used a 2-part epoxy from the auto parts and screwed up the first time. I had to "undo" them and it took ALOT of work to cut back through the epoxy, etc. That will hold things together for sure.

FYI... If you paint the inside plastic (I used chrome), you need to tape the edges in such a way that the epoxy does not bond to the paint, but the plastic itself. The epoxy/paint I used had some type of reaction when they came together and looked jacked. I re-did it, covering the contact-area with painter's tape, so that the edges could bond without the epoxy-paint conflict.