Clear bubble type side repeater lenses......

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Can you do these smoked? Like these:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
lithium14;1862548 said:
Can you do these smoked? Like these:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here's one in a light tint....

p1862676_1.jpg

and here's a darker tint I did on these MR2 side repeaters to match the aftermarket fronts

p1862676_2.jpg

these were done using a tint spray on the inside of the lens which ensures a scratch proof outer.

New mold made today,so clear bubbles should be available from Mon 6th August.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
I dont know if possible but the problem with the led tail lights are the surface of the plastic reflects the light in patterns that are not favorable. If someone is really interested in making a clean led light i guess a smooth tail light would need to be reproduced. It looks like that might be to big for you to do?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Very curious about this myself Dustin, if a plain (without reflectors) outer lens could be made... LED lights would be a relative snap to do whatever you wanted. Not sure how good it would look with everything in the guts of the light showing though.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I still have mine from a few years back.... Glad to see you're still making fun stuff for us to play with.

I'd be interested in an insert for the rears, where I'd then be able to use LEDs for brake/tail lights... Maybe a conversion kit that has the dual-bulb feature like an 1157 (parking light & brake light, in 1 bulb)...?

gats

Rebuilding... Slowly!
Mar 3, 2009
Sydney, NSW
Keen as on a set of the clear bubble repeaters!!! Actually, I may grab 2 sets so I have some spares...
I have wanted a set of these for many years now, and missed your last run.

PayPal details please Wolfie!!!

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
gurley0916;1864695 said:
I dont know if possible but the problem with the led tail lights are the surface of the plastic reflects the light in patterns that are not favorable. If someone is really interested in making a clean led light i guess a smooth tail light would need to be reproduced. It looks like that might be to big for you to do?

Maybe worth starting a different thread to avoid confusing the issue and creating a hijack ;)

I can't help too much regards the U.S tails as I'm not familiar with the internal construction. However with the Euro tails, the inner opaque diffuser can be removed. This would allow a clear sheet of acrylic say sprayed chrome, mounted with LED's and refitted in it's place. As the main part of the red is smooth, this should overcome the problem of disruption of the light through a patterned lens.

p1865029_1.jpg

For the turns, I'd think about removing the amber lens and again, fitting a chrome sprayed sheet mounted with LED's instead.

Hope that makes sense, but doesn't really help you guys with U.S tails!

gats - if you'd like to order, PayPal address is 'richardmarsden@freeuk.com

1 pair £25 GBP + £5 PayPal and post, 2 pairs £55 inc shipping. Lead time 1-2 days

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
so wait, you're saying they are 30pounds shipped? or? I'm ready to make payment.

EDIT: payment sent anyways.

Last edited:

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I need these clear bubbles!!!

It would look better than the orange on my car:

p1865241_1.jpg

They are still available?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
haha Albert, I see you don't like the clear/orange combo either.. Imagine mine with yellow fogs, clear turns, and orange bubble markers; it looks like ass IMO.

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
Dylan JZ;1865250 said:
haha Albert, I see you don't like the clear/orange combo either.. Imagine mine with yellow fogs, clear turns, and orange bubble markers; it looks like ass IMO.

Are you interested in selling your orange bubble markers? I saw you have some clear ones on the way

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Just to 'clarify', clear bubble lenses are now available and shipping 2 days after receipt of payment. Price is £30 GBP which includes PayPal fee and standard Air Mail worldwide.

Dylan JZ - PayPal e-cheque notice received, they'll be ready for despatch on clearance.

I did an illustrated fitting guide some years back, I'll try and find and post it up

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
I love the quality of your work. Such fine skills you have. Would be nice if you became a misc vendor. We'd know where to contact you.