Chunks' Build

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Epic, loving the Targa Bar. Your car almost makes me wanna go auto with my new setup.... almost.

What 4" mufflers did you use, i just started making my new 4" Stainless exhaust with 2 magnaflow 4" straight throughs. One short one long.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Aleo24;2076644 said:
Epic, loving the Targa Bar. Your car almost makes me wanna go auto with my new setup.... almost.

What 4" mufflers did you use, i just started making my new 4" Stainless exhaust with 2 magnaflow 4" straight throughs. One short one long.

Haha, Auto FTMFW! Thanks man! I used a magnaflow oval body at the rear, and a cheap no name brand round body under the car. I want to change it up a little bit because i get a ton of drone inside the car. Im thinking of adding another magnaflow and ditching the no name.

emericaskater285;2076648 said:
Looks quick, sounds awesome. need to reposition that go pro ;) so we can see the action view behind you lol.

Thanks! It goes OK! haha. I didnt think id be getting any action that day. Ive added a mount to the targa brace that eliminates the suction cup mount and bolts direct using a tripod adapter. It allows me to swivel the camera on the move and there is ZERO shake like this video had.

Kckazdude;2076686 said:
Car is a real beast! Inspiring to hear it running.

Thanks man! Im dying to post an idle video but the exhaust is so quiet, the fuel pump over powers the exhaust note in every video i have tried to take!

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
TurboStreetCar;2076704 said:
Haha, Auto FTMFW! Thanks man! I used a magnaflow oval body at the rear, and a cheap no name brand round body under the car. I want to change it up a little bit because i get a ton of drone inside the car. Im thinking of adding another magnaflow and ditching the no name.

My last exhaust had a magnaflow centre and cheap rear. The cheap rear did absolutely nothing for sound. Im hoping internal gate and 2 magnaflows will make it bearable while on the street.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I've had good luck with the vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Even with the 4" aero turbine muffler I was running, it knocked down a lot of the droning in the car

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Yep I has them placed just like that. The resonator was only able to fit right in front of the rear diff near yhe driveshaft "bar".

I now run a obx greddy Evo 2 replica muffler and is very quiet

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
The aero turbine muffler definitely was the opposite of quiet but I've been really happy with the obx and vibrant combo.

It really cut down on the droning and gave it a little quieter yet deeper tone.

When up to speed and cruising, It's a very smooth/quiet sound. I had a sound clip somewhere I'll have to search for. For being a cheaper muffler, obx was a pretty well made muffler imo. All stainless and lifetime warranty. I think the warranty is against any corrosion

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
sheedy126;2076907 said:
I did find a video clip of a quick drive by. This is with the obx muffler and vibrant resonator with slight acceleration at the beginning and cruising at the end

http://s600.photobucket.com/user/sheedy126/media/Supra/IMG_2263_zpsuffy3bwl.mp4.html

Sounds good man!

RacerXJ220;2076911 said:
Watching your vids, it's making me want an automatic. Which BOV are you using?

Very nice ride man.

Haha! Do it! Its a Tial 50mm.