Check this coolant reservoir tank out...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
starscream5000 said:
We are already tested on 4 of our customer drag racing cars, all these car are 1000++ whp. These car run fine on very high boost(2.5 bar) and drag racing.
ForcedTorque said:
I want to know which 4 MKIII's are 1000+HP as claimed in the FFIM ad.
WERD! Where are these four 1000+hp 7MGTE powered MKIIIs? Also, $990 + $139 shipping? WTF? And NO alternator drop down bracket? What kind of TB flange is that? A 2JZ TB?

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Reign_Maker said:
WERD! Where are these four 1000+hp 7MGTE powered MKIIIs? Also, $990 + $139 shipping? WTF? And NO alternator drop down bracket? What kind of TB flange is that? A 2JZ TB?

They make manifolds for 1JZ, 2JZ and 7MGTE. On their website the 1000 hp cars they are referring to are mkIVs. So I would assume that there are no 1000 hp 7MGTEs.

If you order from their website the price is $680 and includes the alternator relocation bracket. I know someone who ordered the 7MGTE manifold.

This is what he got:

64_46d85df6ece63.jpg

It looks a bit different from the picture on ebay.

They have a weird website: http://www.ku-engineering.com/default.aspx

But the guy I know received his item without any problems. Also very fast shipping.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Doesnt mention the drop down for $690... No throttle body, but you can buy one from them...

Regardless, for that kind of money, I'd rather buy one from a site sponsor, like I did, from Ron...

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Reign_Maker said:
Doesnt mention the drop down for $690... No throttle body, but you can buy one from them...

Regardless, for that kind of money, I'd rather buy one from a site sponsor, like I did, from Ron...

They sell the relocation bracket for $80.

I belived he just got the manifold/TB/bracket. I also think the bracket was included.

Anyway, I don't understand why they don't make a short runner that will retain the alternator in the stock location. Much less hassle that way.

I thought Ron didn't make these anymore? I'd love one of his short runners. One of my friends has a RR short runner. Beautiful item.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Even with a long runner, you have to move the alternator... 7Ms werent designed for that... The 7M has one of the worst intake set ups for a boosted motor I've ever seen... Anytime you have a boosted car, the last place you want the intake pipe to go is across the exhaust manifold... Turbo heats the air, IC cools the air, exhaust mani reheats the air... Its stupid... I wish the 7Ms wouldve come from the factory with a FFI... It would've saved a lot of us a lot of money, lol...

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I have seen two 7MGTEs with FFIM and alternator i stock position.

IJ has one.

And this one:

fffim.jpg

It even retains battery and fusebox in stock locations.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Picture is a little grainy, but that looks like a twin turbo setup on that 7m! I want a FFIM. I wish someone with the knowhow would start making them and do a group buy for under a grand.:cry:

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
ms07s said:
Picture is a little grainy, but that looks like a twin turbo setup on that 7m! I want a FFIM. I wish someone with the knowhow would start making them and do a group buy for under a grand.:cry:

It is indeed a TT 7mGTE.

The TT setup has since been removed but I have sourced and bought the exhaust manifold (an HKS cast iron manifold) :evil2:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Kristian_Wraae said:
They make manifolds for 1JZ, 2JZ and 7MGTE. On their website the 1000 hp cars they are referring to are mkIVs. So I would assume that there are no 1000 hp 7MGTEs.

If you order from their website the price is $680 and includes the alternator relocation bracket. I know someone who ordered the 7MGTE manifold.

This is what he got:

It looks a bit different from the picture on ebay.

They have a weird website: http://www.ku-engineering.com/default.aspx

But the guy I know received his item without any problems. Also very fast shipping.

That looks really nice, and not a bad price at all if I might say. I wonder, does it retain any of the other stock electronics in the manifold... Are they mounted underneather the FFIM where they can't be seen??

To those of you who are speaking of the 1000HP claim, that should have been obvious right there. This seller doesn't change their sales pitch between the three different FFIM adds that they have floating around on ebay. ;)

There comes a time guys, where you have to decide whether to support the community by buying a product that a member on here sales, or buy from someone else. Don't for one second assume that I don't support the community. I have handed over litterally thousands of dollars to sepperate members on here for products. Just to name off a few: Driftmotion, Arizona Performance, jdub, too_stand... Get the picture?

When someone is in desperate need of a performance part to finish a build, and the product is offered between two groups: a member who hand makes it, is backlogged with other orders, so there is already a wait for yours if you decide to place an order, other members who people keep referring to who, as of this time, are no longer making these until further notice, or a guy in China who is making limited runs and selling them ready to go with all necessary hardware (hopefully).... Your choice, don't let anyone else decide for you. You either choose a good, handmade piece built to your specs, or a premade piece ready to go...

The funny thing is, I don't see people telling others on here to "support the community have, *insert SN here* make a hand made turbo exhaust manifold for you!" rather that go somewheres else and buy a premade turbo manifold that has already proven itself to make and sustain over 500 HP easily with the right setup to go along with it. Sure there are vendors on here that sells the same stuff on here as on ebay. And I bet you that if you guys give this new FFIM product enough time to prove itself. A vendor or two on here will start obtaining them to sell to the community.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
The thing is though, when people are putting enough effort into a rebuild to include a FFIM, they have time to wait for one to be built... Ron isnt the only one who makes them: Sethron makes them and so does PowerTrip Performance... As for the exhaust mani, I would go with a custom one if they were offered and affordable... If Ron made tubular headers for the same ball park figure as the SSA ones, I'd get one, but a header from Ron would probably run me close to a grand... However, this FFIM runs close to a grand, the one I got from Ron was close to $800, and that came with drop down bracket, my choice of sensor hook ups AND a throttle cable... So if Im gunna spend that kind of money, I wanna spend it in the community, not in China... Even if I have to wait for it...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ditto...

Price is a huge factor for me, and I can have one built to my specs from members of this forum for the same price...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
looks like it needs a little work to function correctly, but with a little modification, could be pretty nice.

since when is $50 expensive?

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Hmmm.... I think PowerTrip would make a custom exhaust mani. on request? Wasn't cheap, but came with a lifetime warranty, iirc. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
on another note, there was a review on those ebay FFIM, they are far worst than they look, I have a link somewhere if you guys are interested.