CF Stout/custom hoods soon available for the mk3!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
ok so my guy Brian here @ Car Fashion cant believe that no one offers options for the mk3 hood here in the states(except for Duane). Brian wants to make it priority to have CF hoods available for the mk3 NO LATER than end of March. possibly sooner!

the Stout style hood seems to be a favortie. so we're leaning twoards pumping them out in that style. BUT we have a designer who has just made some very nice designs for the Corolla (AE86) Hood and thinking about applying them on our hoods as well since we're so similar. ill post pics soon.

otherwise, to answer the question everyone REALLY wants to know....PRICE.... sit back and enjoy the thought of having a stout style CF hood on ur mk3 for a price around only $500!!!!!!!! :naughty:

more info and updates soon to come!

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
i m very interested i have been thinking of cutting my hood and adding vents and/or scoops from the old school american muscle cars ...... please stop me from doing this :1zhelp:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
sounds fantastic.

personally, i'd still prefer just a simple center reverse vent....but if a stout replica is as close as i can get, so be it. i'll keep watching for how stuff turns out....and then place my order.

thanks for the hard work nick!

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
supra90turbo said:
I'm down for a CF Stout replica pending pics, but I'm just about 100% in

same here. i can't wait, ih and by b-day is in march. i guess im buying myself a birthday gift.

BTW: did you ever get your s2 parts in yet? If so, are you guys goin to consider making replicas for those to. you would definitley have the market for them

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Ive been wanting one of those for ever! I just dont know if I want carbon fiber though... Do you think they can be made in FRP or whatever plastic they use? I wanna paint mine, so CF would kind of be a waste...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
If I were to ever get a CF hood I would want the underside to be finished as well. I would paint the top - for that stealthy look - but would want the CF to shine whenever I popped the hood. Most shops don't think about this.

Also - be sure to take the windshield sprayer cutout template from the 89+ hood so people can use the upgraded windshield sprayers (you can search on here somewhere for more info on the newer sprayers - I've got them on my Solara and WOW! What a difference).

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
yep. I've got them on my 89 hood already - same ones that come in the Solara. They are a nice drop-in upgrade (those with the older hoods have to do some hacking from what I've heard). The nozzle does a 90 degree bend but it still fits and actually looks cleaner as the hoses are snug up against the hood instead of looping down. They're ~$12 each though but no more wimpy squirting on the windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.