cars shaking hard at 3000rpm on highway..

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
well i have the cps code and the tps code..i was just wondering if it would be the effect of shaking my whole car..because when i drive on the highway..my car shakes as i accelerate..but when i let go of the gas..it stops... does anyone know what might be the problem?

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
it shakes at low and high rpm.. iuno it shakes a lot when i accelerate...but only when driving..when i rev it it doesnt shake...once i get up to 3000rpm on 5th gear it vibrates/shakes a lot...and feels like car gonna fall apart..

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
cracks knuckles....

Get under the car and grab the
driveshaft right near the center support bearing and shake the hell out of it.....if it moves alot then thats your problem...

If it doesn't move...grab the drive shaft right where it meets the transmission....shake itside to side...if it moves start looking for a transmission cause odds are the output shaft splines are now fucked... then that could also be the problem....

When did this start....did it just start all the sudden....at what speed does it start shakeing??? My car started shakeing at 45mph.....you may just need a new bearing...my center support and my tail housing bearing where both blown so I ended up putting in a new transmission and single piece drive shaft...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
oh and driveline simply means everything from the transmission back as far as parts involved in turning rear wheels...

I damn near replaced everything but the differential...you probably won't need this but I figured I'd go balls out sense I had to drop the trans anyway...

If you need more help send me a pm and I'll give you my # and talk ya threw it....its hard to find help from people who experienced the exact same thing.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IJ.;1041137 said:
Sight along the Uni joints they should ALL be in a row, I'm guessing the rear one is out of phase.

Damn this is like pulling teeth......

Do this test it's NOT rocket science and you can either confirm or discount it as the cause.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
ij...call me crazy but on the drive shaft assembly I have right here non of the u-joints line up exact with eachother....every single one is shifted ever so slightly....so unless the welds snaped in both portions of the driveshaft I don't think this is the problem.

I'll take pics of my old driveshaft to show what I mean...I'll post them in a few hours once I get home from work.

And how does a ujoint get out of sync on its own...

7mgte_supra

The Hmong Guy
Nov 4, 2006
chico, Ca
gaboonviper85;1041994 said:
cracks knuckles....

Get under the car and grab the
driveshaft right near the center support bearing and shake the hell out of it.....if it moves alot then thats your problem...

If it doesn't move...grab the drive shaft right where it meets the transmission....shake itside to side...if it moves start looking for a transmission cause odds are the output shaft splines are now fucked... then that could also be the problem....

When did this start....did it just start all the sudden....at what speed does it start shakeing??? My car started shakeing at 45mph.....you may just need a new bearing...my center support and my tail housing bearing where both blown so I ended up putting in a new transmission and single piece drive shaft...

well i took my car to this shop to find my short..and it seems like the ignition switch was the problem..and he also fixed my stock oil gauge..and change starter... and after i got my car back it started doing this... the freakin shop charge me 700...0.o..i was soo mad..and now he messed up my speedo cable too...and said if he was to get a new one I'm going to be paying for it too...arghh... Maybe the shop did it on purpose to get some $$... thanks well do that right now..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Contact the Better Business Bureau and get it taken care of...

Demand that they fix it as it wasn't broken before they messed with it, andif they don't go to the BBB and/or lawyer.

Who knows WTF they did to your car... (I've had a nightmare issue like this with a tranny shop, it's the reason I do ALL my own work now...)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gaboonviper85;1042027 said:
ij...call me crazy but on the drive shaft assembly I have right here non of the u-joints line up exact with eachother....every single one is shifted ever so slightly....so unless the welds snaped in both portions of the driveshaft I don't think this is the problem.

I'll take pics of my old driveshaft to show what I mean...I'll post them in a few hours once I get home from work.

And how does a ujoint get out of sync on its own...

The rear section is a bonded tube in a tube and over time the bond fails and the shaft goes out of phase causing the symptoms described.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1042054 said:
The rear section is a bonded tube in a tube and over time the bond fails and the shaft goes out of phase causing the symptoms described.

well jesus...looks like that also happend then....cause i double checked and its the rear section only that the ujoints arent lined up...and there is some shine on the inner edge of the outer tube as if some rubbing was takeing place lol.....so my tail houseing bearing was shot, my center support bearing was blown (rubber dust fell out of it when i was lookin at it, and the ujoints were out of sync.....damn i cant believe people here think the factory drive shafts are better then single piece....im so damn happy i went with shaftmasters as this can never happen again!

after seen what all went wrong with the two piece driveshaft at once....nobody can convince me two piece is better than single in a supra....so far my single piece is perfect!