Caroll Shelby

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Salisbury, Vermont, United States
I watched that the other night too. I thought that was pretty cool. Carrol Shelby is a god. Every car that he has been involved with, with a couple exceptions(Dodge Shelby Datona), has been amazing. I swear that his true impact on the automotive industry cannot be truely measured. I bow to the car god that is Carrol Shelby.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
SupraChrisMk3 said:
I watched that the other night too. I thought that was pretty cool. Carrol Shelby is a god. Every car that he has been involved with, with a couple exceptions(Dodge Shelby Datona), has been amazing. I swear that his true impact on the automotive industry cannot be truely measured. I bow to the car god that is Carrol Shelby.

:werd:

Even the Charger/Daytona was improved over the crap that those cars was.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
my daytona shelby z was a fun car. i heard they made a RWD conversion for it way way way back in the early 90s. so they say. the wiring on the car was possably the worst setup i had ever seen. i had 6 different sources trying to tell me where one this was connected to and none of those sources were close.. fuck those wires!

SupraChrisMk3

New Booster
Feb 8, 2006
Salisbury, Vermont, United States
Another cool Shelby fact. If any of you watched the Barret-Jackson auctions on Speed a couple weeks ago, you probably watched history happen as did I. On Saturday night Carrol Shelby's personal 427" TWIN SUPERCHARGED, 800HP Cobra sold for a record $5 million. The most money that Barret-Jackson has sold any car at. When I saw that I almost lost my mind!

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Actually, according to Motor Trend, it was the highest DOMESTIC sale price. They mentioned other cars that sold for higher, but not USDM.