Carbon Fiber Inspection Covers---Really!?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
lol, guess that would be easier than trying to find where you put them when you took out the drivetrain :p
JDM tyte, yo!

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Really not a bad price, considering how many got lost or are missing and they're cheaper than buying from the dealer...

Kind of dumb though to make em from CF :rofl:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
look at the seller.. that guy (forget his name) always has rare mk3 parts posted here, so this really doesn't shock me (aside from the obvious question of why).

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You guys think $50 bucks is cheap!?

Granted they are CF, but they don't need to be for any reason. Actually would this even be a good choice considering the oil/grease/dirt/moisture/rocks/abuse these covers can see?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, the real covers are over $50 a piece brand new. I don't see CF being terrible for them as they could be made out of plastic and be just fine, but they're not gonna stay pretty :p

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
I was wondering why that auction had so many views. :icon_surp
CF is not the only choice available, I just love the look, and they are epoxy impregnated so very impact and oil resistant if that's what you mean.

BTW I'm always here to help my A70 brothers, if you're going to purchase send a note letting me know you're from SM or SF and I'll give a discount.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
bioskyline;1678576 said:
kindof pointless to put cf where no one will ever see it.

Yeah you wouldn't want to make a part Light Strong and Nearly indestructable then hide it away so none of the ricers can see it... :nono: quick better e-mail all the F1 teams about their hidden tubs...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
IJ.;1678806 said:
Yeah you wouldn't want to make a part Light Strong and Nearly indestructable then hide it away so none of the ricers can see it... :nono: quick better e-mail all the F1 teams about their hidden tubs...

HAHA, that gave me a giggle!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
In the stupidity stakes it was right up there with guys here "cleaning up the engine bay" by deleting things they have NFI about or Morons that run excessive Camber cos "it looks cool" then pissing/moaning about tires that only last 3000 miles... :nono:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
But Ian- Toyota was just wasting space with that charcoal canister! And don't even get me started on EGR or those VSV thingys :p

Herpity derpity doo!

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
IJ.;1678816 said:
In the stupidity stakes it was right up there with guys here "cleaning up the engine bay" by deleting things they have NFI about or Morons that run excessive Camber cos "it looks cool" then pissing/moaning about tires that only last 3000 miles... :nono:

I actually run camber just to drive you crazy, IJ.. Is that ok? Lol :)

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
How much weight can I save with these?

J/K

It sure beats buying stamped steel for twice the price from the dealer, if you can even still get them. Though I can't see any practical reason to replace existing ones if they're in good shape.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
This is still better than the people who cover stock parts with carbon fiber. Nothing like adding weight through the use of lightweight composites.