Carbon Fiber / Fiberglass items what would you make?

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
HAHAH! i garuntee fitment issues with ExtremeDimension products. All our customers who bought from them learned thier lesson as well as a few employee's who used to work there who quit too.

BE CAREFUL WITH E.D. GUYS!!! :nono:

in the meantime did anyone snap some pics of my Carbon Bomex Side and Rear skirts at SILV?! i didnt get any good shots since all the angles i took, the CF blends with the paint a little too well. :p

They fit better than original bomex!!! i was thinking of selling them after SILV, but now i think i may keep them :)

all i got:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1148574_1.jpg

Last edited:

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
IJ.;1148563 said:
CF Mouldings please.

That sounds nifty...but I'm trying to picture in my minds eye how they would actually look.

My fear is that the carbon fiber pattern may look a little "busy", since they run the length of the car.

I know you can get carbon fiber in many colors, so finding a shade that matches whatever color your Supra is shouldn't be a problem.

I'd sure like to see what it would look like before I plunked down the big bucks for these.

Has anyone ever actually done this? Pics?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Fibreglass front fenders and bonnet would be a good start - the weight saving would be pretty substantial, and as the supply (at least here) of good front fenders is drying up, it might be an idea to get some of those made!

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
suprabad;1149357 said:
That sounds nifty...but I'm trying to picture in my minds eye how they would actually look.

My fear is that the carbon fiber pattern may look a little "busy", since they run the length of the car.

I know you can get carbon fiber in many colors, so finding a shade that matches whatever color your Supra is shouldn't be a problem.

I'd sure like to see what it would look like before I plunked down the big bucks for these.

Has anyone ever actually done this? Pics?

For you and the other folks in this boat (me included). I'm working on a 3d model of an MKIII thats completly accurate, and will allow me to texture certain parts with CF. I'll then photoshop the car into a real life image to where the car is questionable realistic, and hopefully with the CF textures in certain areas we can all see what certain things look like before any of us have to throw money down on something like "Well maybe we will like it", and the "I wonder what it will look like".

Zer0

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I'd be interested in a hood, a dash.

Has anyone mentioned a hatch? That could b quite a bit of weight reduction there. I'd go panda style with a hood and hatch ( preferably fiberglass as I feel CF is really fragile)

But I would seriously be interested in that ( I think the weight alone could make the price worth it, anyone agree?)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
turbo87targa;1149695 said:
I'd be interested in a hood, a dash.

Has anyone mentioned a hatch? That could b quite a bit of weight reduction there. I'd go panda style with a hood and hatch ( preferably fiberglass as I feel CF is really fragile)

But I would seriously be interested in that ( I think the weight alone could make the price worth it, anyone agree?)

Dash was already covered (way too pricey). The hatch is not worth it. You want to drop weight out of the hatch, use a lexan rear window. The sheet metal weighs next to nothing, the glass weighs everything.

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
some ideas ive thought about are maybe some cf door sills, cf moldings as lots of people have mentioned. Idk if it can be done but how about CF front grills? and as stated some fiberglass fedners would be great. The fender situation is slowly beocming a problem as people back up into are cars and other mishaps. Its a shame the parts aren't easier ot get are hands on. also not many people like this but i was thinking maybe some CF doors :naughty:. would help me create my artistic supra ive had a idea for. also might not be a great idea cus of how ahrd ti would be to mold in but a CF turbo a duct

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
just checking in to remind you to make the cf steering colum covers.im down to buy a set put me on the list to get the first set.plzzzz make em:love::naughty:

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
webbs7mgte;1149792 said:
some ideas ive thought about are maybe some cf door sills, cf moldings as lots of people have mentioned. Idk if it can be done but how about CF front grills? and as stated some fiberglass fedners would be great. The fender situation is slowly beocming a problem as people back up into are cars and other mishaps. Its a shame the parts aren't easier ot get are hands on. also not many people like this but i was thinking maybe some CF doors :naughty:. would help me create my artistic supra ive had a idea for. also might not be a great idea cus of how ahrd ti would be to mold in but a CF turbo a duct

the doors is a cool idea if it's not to pricey. That could lose around 90lbs lol