Caravan to CHI2K5!!

Apr 17, 2005
Lafayette, IN
oneandgone said:
Wes and Kyle, the guys coming from Indy could meet you somewhere along the way I'm sure. It looks like maybe Crawfordsville would do? What do you guys think??

That would work out pretty good i think.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Wutever is still OK w/ me. 465 is only what, a 30 min loop, right? That'd work, if Eriol could keep up. :momaru: .025... :eek:wned:

J/k man. Also, I need to work on RT/ET's before Chi2k5.... 15.4 wont take much to beat, and my times were anything but consistant... and if I shift from 2nd to 5th, again, I'll shoot myself. month and a half-ish....

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
wish i could make it but my car wont be done in time due to all the go fast goodies i keep getting deals on and cant pass up... I might get one of my other 2 friends with mkIIIs to go and me tag along who knows....

and everyones going to have fun keeping up with grant coming out of the toll booths...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Hopefully I don't get stuck behind him and have to wait for him to get up to speed. I hear it took forever last year...

I hear Jon (MDC) is going now, or so he said... maybe we'll have two Southern IN Supras there representin'.
I'm debating on whether I should... After I sell my MKIII...
A. Buy a RabidChimp intake
B. Rebuild my KX250
C. Just save the money

I've decided the bike is getting paid off $3500-$2000~= $1500 and I know I need to save SOME of it, cause like I said, I'm gonna be one broke brotha' for the next few years. Anyone know where I can get a cheap 2j/tranny/ECU?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yeah Im seriously considering going.

I need to know where every one is staying, how much it is for the whole deal....

And security??? I really dont' wanna leave my supie in the parking lot over night in a not so friendly place u know?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
So for the whole thing, drag racing and all... is only $30?

Can this be right? Grant, Im really wanting to go now but I dont' want any thing to be botched up, and cash is kinda tight right now.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Sorry, I was in a hurry earlier as supper was waiting! :yum:

Here's a rundown of what's going on, and what everything is going to cost. You don't have to pay for all events, just the ones you will participate in.

Saturday from noon to 2:30..........Lunch at the brat shop. Just pay for what you eat.

Saturday from 3-8 Great Lakes Dragway/Import Wars
Spectate..................................$15
Race, depending on class.............$45-65
Show.......................................$25

Dave and Buster's/Dinner 8:30pm-2am
If you want the buffet it's $25 prepaid, or $30 at the door. You could also order from the menu, but you may or may not be seated with the group.

Motel for Saturday night...
Comfort Suites Saturday night is $72.
They take extra care to watch the lot for this event. We had absolutely no problems there last year.

Sunday, dyno. Free to watch and hang out. I beleive cost to dyno is $30, but I need to double check.

Basically you could get off spending only the $75 (half that if you room with someone) for the motel, $15 to go watch the racing/show/etc, and whatever you spend on food and gas.

I can reserve rooms for everyone with my cc, but you will need to send me the money first. I did this last year also, and it worked out very well. If you reserve a room and decide not to go for whatever reason you must tell me by July 26th in order to get a refund!

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
MDCmotorsports said:
So for the whole thing, drag racing and all... is only $30?

Can this be right? Grant, Im really wanting to go now but I dont' want any thing to be botched up, and cash is kinda tight right now.

Hey if you're tight on cash you should sell me a couple of parts! Catch-can and cat-back, man -- easy $190. :)

Which reminds me -- if I bought a cat-back offa you, could you fab it with a flange so I could just bolt it up to the cat? If you need the flange, I could probably get my g/f's dad to fab one up.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
OK -- here's what we've got for possible rendezvous points in Indy. All facilities are 24-hour unless otherwise specified.

On I-465 West after the junction with I-65 -
Exit 2 - East St.:
N: BP and Steak'n'Shake right next to each other
S: Shell

Exit 4 - "37 South": (Truck-stop type area)
N: Pilot, Mr. Fuel, Omelette Shoppe (greasy-spoon trucker-diner-type-place)
S: Marathon, Hardees, White Castle

Exit 8 - "67 South":
S: Speedway, Shell/Noble Roman's/Subway, Denny's, BP/McDonalds (the latter is not 24-hour, and their hours were not posted)

On I-74 West, just after leaving Indianapolis -
Exit 66 - Brownsburg:
N: Shell, Steak'n'Shake right next door to each other
S: BP, Speedway, White Castle

Let me know what you guys would prefer. I would personally recommend East Street or Brownsburg for their availability of quality gas and Steak'n'Shakes (which can accommodate largish groups).

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
If you've got people coming from both North and South, then I would recommend Brownsburg -- that's on the way for everyone!

All the others are on the way for anyone coming from the South.